    broadband internet connection.

    What *cost effective solution* would you recommend?

    Thanks, Link
    Link, May 9, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    Link <> wrote:
    :I have a facility has 4 small ethernet segments, a total of 150 nodes.
    :For security purposes, these segments must remain separate.

    :We need a common email server and common internet access via cable
    :modem for all four segments.

    :One solution would be add a new email/internet ethernet segment and a
    :router to connect the other segments.

    :Therefore, I need a router that supports 4 ethernet segments and a
    :broadband internet connection.

    Another possibility would be a PIX 515E Unrestricted, or a PIX 525
    Restricted. It depends how strongly you need to separate the
    segments, and on what speed the segments need to run at, and on
    how flexible of routing you need (e.g., PIX does not handle policy
    routing.)
    --
    This is not the same .sig the second time you read it.
    Walter Roberson, May 9, 2004