    prior to picking up.
    3. Separate voice mail box for each #.

    Thanks.
    Al Franz, Oct 6, 2005

  2. Al Franz

    Guest

    Al Franz wrote:
    > Can something like this be done, cheaply. What would be the best way, is
    > there a nice SIP phone that could handle something like this?
    >
    > 1. Ability to have 4 phone #'s come into a single phone.
    > 2. Have capability for the operator to know which phone number is ringing
    > prior to picking up.
    > 3. Separate voice mail box for each #.
    >
    > Thanks.

    I don't know of any that offer four. However, SunRocket offers two
    that ring into the same phone. They can be assigned different area
    codes if need be.
    , Oct 6, 2005

  3. Al Franz

    Martin² Guest

    The Sipura 3000 ATA can be expanded to handle four lines.
    Voicemail is up to the VoIP service provider.
    Alternatively you need Asterisk software on Linux server with FXS / FXO
    phone ports.
    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin², Oct 7, 2005
  4. Al Franz

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Al Franz wrote:
    > > Can something like this be done, cheaply. What would
    > > be the best way, is there a nice SIP phone that could
    > > handle something like this?
    > >
    > > 1. Ability to have 4 phone #'s come into a single phone.
    > > 2. Have capability for the operator to know which phone
    > > number is ringing prior to picking up.
    > > 3. Separate voice mail box for each #.
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    > I don't know of any that offer four. However, SunRocket
    > offers two that ring into the same phone. They can be
    > assigned different area codes if need be.

    The Fritz!Box Fon from AVM (www.avm.de/en) has 2 phone ports but has
    capacity for up to 10 SIP accounts, you can tell it to ring any phone for
    any account, but I don't know of a way to tell which account is ringing if
    you have more than 3. I have a/c 1 ringing phone 1, a/c 2 ringing phone 2
    and a/c 3 ringing them both together.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Oct 7, 2005
  5. On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 21:39:25 -0700, Al Franz wrote:

    > Can something like this be done, cheaply. What would be the best way, is
    > there a nice SIP phone that could handle something like this?
    >
    > 1. Ability to have 4 phone #'s come into a single phone.

    Sure.

    Sipura SPA841 ip-phone can be upgraded to handle 4 lines (as standard 2) -
    or if you find one with old firmware if can easily be made to handle four
    without unlocking it ;-) - my two devices does it!

    > 2. Have capability for the operator to know which phone
    > number is ringing prior to picking up.

    No problem

    > 3. Separate voice mail box for each #.

    All my provideres provides the voicemail on the server. That way you don't
    have to think about loosing power etc on your phone.

    IMHO a much better solution.
    Henning Wangerin, Oct 7, 2005
  6. Al Franz

    Paul Guest

    With asterisk and a provider like sixtel (www.iax.cc) you can do it.
    They have tons of numbers to choose from including toll free.
    I use them myself, support is pretty good too.

    Paul, Oct 7, 2005
  7. Al Franz

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > With asterisk and a provider like sixtel (www.iax.cc) you
    > can do it. They have tons of numbers to choose from
    > including toll free.
    > I use them myself, support is pretty good too.

    But Asterisk requires a PC to be on all the time, which a lot of people,
    myself included, don't want. I prefer a dedicated hardware box.

    Ivor
    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    Ivor Jones, Oct 8, 2005
  8. Al Franz

    Paul Guest

    With the device you need a provider that runs software+hardware to support
    it, with asterisk you can maintain it yourself and not have to wait for
    someone else to do it.
    I don't see the problem with leaving a computer on 24/7, my asterisk machine
    never crashes or needs restarting, it runs on a server dedicated to
    asterisk.

    Paul, Oct 9, 2005