    and windows sees all 4gb, but it is still unstable. Any suggestions? I
    could run with 2, but why use 64bit?

    Thanks

    steveonan, Feb 5, 2008

  2. A common hardware issue with pc6400 that has been discussed frequently in
    vista.hardware_devices. If you are running pc6400 reduce your dram speed to
    667 and it should stabilize. The issue, if it is the one you have, shows up
    when the fourth dimm slot is filled on some mobos.

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 5, 2008

  3. steveonan

    steveonan Guest

    That did the trick! Thanks a lot, it's been driving me crazy.

    steveonan, Feb 5, 2008
  4. You're welcome.

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 5, 2008