    Details?

    Hopefully,

    Laurent S
    Laurent S., Aug 15, 2008

  2. Laurent S. wrote:

    > In a Canon PowerShot A700, is anyone
    > successfully using a memory card of
    > capacity 4 Go or 8 Go or more? Canon
    > documentation for the A700 states
    > that various SanDisk memory
    > cards can be used but is vague about
    > which. Some card sellers believe nothing
    > bigger than SD 2Go is recommendable.

    So do the specs say it's compatable with SD, or with SD *and* SDHC
    (SDHC being anything over 2GB).

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Aug 15, 2008

  3. Laurent S.

    Laurent S. Guest

    Blinky (Thu, 14 Aug 2008 ) asks:

    > So do the specs say it's compatable with SD, or with
    > SD *and* SDHC (SDHC being anything over 2GB).

    The "Advanced Camera User Guide" for my CANON
    PowerShot A700 states:

    << Recording media: SD memory card/MultiMediaCard
    This camera has been tested with memory cards
    through 2 GB. The use of all memory cards cannot
    be guaranteed. >>

    That seems to leave a glimmer of hope for
    cards of higher capacities. I hope someone has
    really tested specific higher capacity cards.

    Laurent S.
    Laurent S., Aug 17, 2008
  4. -psud.fr (Laurent S.) wrote:

    >Blinky (Thu, 14 Aug 2008 ) asks:
    >
    > > So do the specs say it's compatable with SD, or with
    > > SD *and* SDHC (SDHC being anything over 2GB).

    ><< Recording media: SD memory card/MultiMediaCard

    The specification of SD does _NOT_ support cards larger than 2GB. Any
    card larger than 2GB is either SDHC (different protocol, not compatible
    with SD-only devices) or a custom extension of the SD protocol by some
    manufacturer which may or may not work in a given device, depending upon
    if and how the firmware developer for that device decided to handle
    non-standard-compliant data.

    >That seems to leave a glimmer of hope for
    >cards of higher capacities.

    But not much more than a glimmer....

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Aug 17, 2008