    data or just slower performance or ?
    Presumably there are enclosures with the higher pin count...

    D.

    Diogenes, Aug 13, 2008

  2. Diogenes

    Diogenes Guest

    On Aug 13, 4:23 pm, Diogenes <> wrote:
    > Well 4 more than the ide interface on my el cheapo brandx external
    > enclosure. The drive's an 80GB Hitachi.
    > So - I'm wondering what outcomes I ought to anticipate...corrupted
    > data or just slower performance or ?
    > Presumably there are enclosures with the higher pin count...
    >
    > D.

    Ooops .... title should off course read HD not DD

    Diogenes, Aug 13, 2008

  3. Diogenes

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "Diogenes" typed:
    > On Aug 13, 4:23 pm, Diogenes <> wrote:
    >> Well 4 more than the ide interface on my el cheapo brandx external
    >> enclosure. The drive's an 80GB Hitachi.
    >> So - I'm wondering what outcomes I ought to anticipate...corrupted
    >> data or just slower performance or ?
    >> Presumably there are enclosures with the higher pin count...
    >>
    >> D.

    > Ooops .... title should off course read HD not DD

    I've seen the same thing. I think those pins are essentially for setting
    master/slave although I shouldn't guess, what with Google and all that. <g>
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Aug 13, 2008
  4. Diogenes

    J Brockley Guest

    "Diogenes" <> wrote in message
    > Well 4 more than the ide interface on my el cheapo brandx external
    > enclosure. The drive's an 80GB Hitachi.
    > So - I'm wondering what outcomes I ought to anticipate...corrupted
    > data or just slower performance or ?
    > Presumably there are enclosures with the higher pin count...
    >
    > D.

    Master, Slave, Cable Select, single drive.
    And on WD drives a diagonal setting for lower power spin up handy for USB
    powered drives.

    J Brockley, Aug 13, 2008
  5. Diogenes

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "J Brockley" <> wrote in

    > And on WD drives a diagonal setting for lower power spin up handy for
    > USB powered drives.

    I will look into that one!

    --
    Ciao, Dave