3rd Party Server Products

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Rowdy Yates, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Hi Girls & Boys, Ladies & Gents...

    Does anyone have or use any special "fancy pantsy" 3rd party MS server
    reporting & inventory & management products? Anything that really makes you
    salivate at the thought of using it.

    I think you all know where I am going with this. It was on this day of
    February 20/2004 that yet another CIO with a budget and nothing to spend it
    on joined our ranks. :)

    I already recommened SMS ver. 2.x.

    Only responses from MCNGP'ers (maybe MVP's, we'll see?) & Thugs will be
    considered valid. I don't trust the rest of your spam trigger happy
    magoo's.

    And you though I didn't love & respect y'all. ;-)

    --
    The Champ comes out swinging every morning @ 9AM.
    Remove the "removethis" from email address to email me.
    Rowdy Yates, Feb 20, 2004

  2. Hi Rowdy,

    This one isn't fancy--it's essential if you aren't running SUS--and nice
    even if you are:
    HFNetChkPro 4 from www.shavlik.com

    Check out their other utilities while you are there<G>

    BTW: Congrats!!!!

    Associate Expert
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
    http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm

    Larry Samuels, Feb 20, 2004

  3. Rowdy Yates

    billyw Guest

    just how much reporting?
    how indepth do you want to go.

    billyw, Feb 20, 2004
  4. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "billyw" <> wrote in news:eQhZoT99DHA.4084
    @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

    > just how much reporting?
    > how indepth do you want to go.

    how much reporting? hmm.. good question.

    i would say somewhere between:

    "I wish the guy would tell me" to "I wish he knew what he wants".

    i guess users by ou, disk space disk usage, blah.. blah..

    i think the criteria is ease of use and prettiness of reports.

    :)

    --
    The Champ comes out swinging every morning @ 9AM.
    Remove the "removethis" from email address to email me.
    ==============
    I am Against-TCPA
    http://www.againsttcpa.com
    ==============
    Rowdy Yates, Feb 20, 2004
  5. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Larry Samuels" <> wrote in news:eTw5rH99DHA.488
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > BTW: Congrats!!!!

    i am not the CIO. wish I was....i think they think i look too sloppy for
    the job. who knows, maybe I am? :)

    Rowdy Yates, Feb 20, 2004
  6. Rowdy Yates

    billyw Guest

    for f*** sake thats a woman's answer...

    give me a bit. i'll have to rake thru my stuff

    billyw, Feb 20, 2004
  7. Rowdy Yates

    LnkWizard Guest

    "Rowdy Yates" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Girls & Boys, Ladies & Gents...

    <snip>

    > Only responses from MCNGP'ers (maybe MVP's, we'll see?) & Thugs will be
    > considered valid. I don't trust the rest of your spam trigger happy
    > magoo's.
    >
    > And you though I didn't love & respect y'all. ;-)
    >

    > --
    > The Champ comes out swinging every morning @ 9AM.
    > Remove the "removethis" from email address to email me.
    > ============================
    > I am Against-TCPA
    > http://www.againsttcpa.com
    > ===========================

    I guess that leaves me out, doesn't it

    --
    Alan Gregersen
    LnkWizard, Feb 20, 2004
  8. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "LnkWizard" <> wrote in news:el$upe$9DHA.2404
    @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

    > "Rowdy Yates" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi Girls & Boys, Ladies & Gents...
    >>

    > <snip>
    >
    >> Only responses from MCNGP'ers (maybe MVP's, we'll see?) & Thugs will be
    >> considered valid. I don't trust the rest of your spam trigger happy
    >> magoo's.
    >>
    >> And you though I didn't love & respect y'all. ;-)
    >>

    >> --
    >> The Champ comes out swinging every morning @ 9AM.
    >> Remove the "removethis" from email address to email me.
    >> ============================
    >> I am Against-TCPA
    >> http://www.againsttcpa.com
    >> ===========================

    > I guess that leaves me out, doesn't it

    you first have to prove your worth to the community...

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    Things I learnt in the army:
    Rowdy Yates, Feb 20, 2004
  9. Rowdy Yates

    LnkWizard Guest

    > > I guess that leaves me out, doesn't it
    > >

    > you first have to prove your worth to the community...
    >

    > --
    > Rowdy Yates
    > Things I learnt in the army:
    > -------------------------------
    > Rule #1 -
    > When they say, "We are going to ambush the enemy".
    > It really means, "We are heavily outnumbered and no one wants to help us."
    > I am Against-TCPA
    > http://www.againsttcpa.com

    I'm doin' my best

    --