3port new 506e nextyear

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Hootch, Oct 27, 2003.

  1. Hootch

    Hootch Guest

    oooh look at what I came across

    "
    looks like a 3 port pix 506e (do not know the model name will be though)

    This new version will use the BGA2 LP version of the celeron 300mhz/100mhz
    bus cpu and the 815e chipset. The reason for this is due to intels
    discontinuation of the PGA version of the celerons. Voltage dissipation will
    drop from 17.8 watts to 5.7 watts. RAM will still be 32mb but flash will
    double to 16mb.

    No word if the DMZ port is free or something that requires paying an
    additional license. VLAN support is also a possibility but this might also
    be a licensed feature.

    ie unrestricted license (DMZ+vlan support)

    forgot to add, pricing for the model will not change as it is a replacement
    for the current 506e.
    again I forgot to add one more thing, that useless USB port you have noticed
    on the pix firewalls that will eventually be used for failover connections
    so even the 506e's will have that option in the future

    2004 is going to be a real interesting year concerning the entire PIX
    productline

    Hootch, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Hootch

    Thomas Larus Guest

    That sounds like GREAT news!!

    --
    Tom Larus, CCIE #10,014
    Author of CCIE Warm-Up: Advice and Learning Labs

    Thomas Larus, Oct 27, 2003