    Can anyone recommend one, and some sites to look for them at.

    Thanks,
    Phil.

    Phil B, Oct 19, 2003

  2. "Phil B" <-ME.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I have Packard bell Pentium 4 2g 512 meg ram pc with a sis 650 chipset and

    > am considering upgrading my graphics card so I can play some of the latest
    > games which at the moment I cannot play due to not having a 3D graphics
    > card.
    > Can anyone recommend one, and some sites to look for them at.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Phil.

    Are you sure that your motherboard actually has an AGP expansion slot for a
    graphics card upgrade? The SiS650 is an integrated chipset and actually does
    support 3D video, albeit not very well when it comes to demanding 3D games.

    http://www.sis.com/products/chipsets/integrated/pentium4/650.htm

    This SiS chipset is *capable* of supporting an external AGP slot/card but it
    isn't uncommon for OEM boards to save a buck by leaving it off.

    If you do have an available AGP slot, your choice of video card right now
    boils down to something based on the ATi Radeon 9x00 core or an NVidia 5x00
    series chip. The Radeon 9500 series (if you can find one) is a "best buy".
    If not to be found, the Radeon 9600/9600Pro/9600XT is next in line.

    I'd stay away from the current NVidia offerings and look for one of their
    older products (4600 series) for a "best buy for the buck" type card if
    NVidia is what you have in mind. The current ATi offerings are a better
    choice however.

    --
    Dean for America!
    http://deanforamerica.com

    Oxford Systems, Oct 19, 2003

  3. Phil B

    lee Guest

    You could take a look on www.ebuyer.co.uk
    Got some mean cards at good prices + Customer reviews.
    Let me know what you think.

    Ps make sure your MOBO has AGP

    lee, Oct 19, 2003