    the web page cannot be displayed. The funny thing is, Outlook Express still
    connects and sends and receives mail even when IE isn't working.

    Is this a IE problem or a Router problem? Any suggestions?

    Bry, Feb 1, 2005

  2. Bry

    S. Pidgorny Guest

    I'd try elimination: try another browser - for example, if you're using
    Mozilla Firefox, try MS Internet Explorer instead. If the same problem
    happens with another browser, the problem is with HTTP protocol/intermediate
    proxy/firewall/etc

    --
    Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MVP, MCSE
    -= F1 is the key =-

    "Bry" <> wrote in message
    > I have a 3Com 11g Wireless Firewall Router connected to my pc with an
    > ethernet cable and a 3Com 11g card for my laptop and everything works

    fine.
    > When I boot up my laptop, I can connect to the internet using IE v6 and
    > Outlook Express works fine. However if I go away and leave the laptop for
    > ten minutes and try to open IE I cannot bring up any web pages although I
    > have a 100% signal strength. It just tells me it cannot find the server

    and

    S. Pidgorny, Feb 2, 2005