    and works from then on - until next shutdown.

    Anyone have similar problems, and possibly a solution?

    Thanks,

    Daniel, Oct 28, 2004

  2. Daniel

    Kim Shepherd Guest

    "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    news:jjegd.23846$...
    > Works fine, but for when the laptop is shutdown, and restarted it
    > doesn't automatically register the card. So, end up having to
    > manually re-insert the card, which is then picked up by Win XP O/S
    > and works from then on - until next shutdown.
    >
    > Anyone have similar problems, and possibly a solution?
    >
    > Thanks,

    Unrelated to your question, sorry (I'm a dummy when it comes to Windows XP),
    but does anyone know if these 3com combo pc cards (a) work in Linux, and (b)
    have external antenna connectors?

    -k.

    Kim Shepherd, Oct 29, 2004

  3. Daniel

    EMB Guest

    Kim Shepherd wrote:

    > Unrelated to your question, sorry (I'm a dummy when it comes to Windows XP),
    > but does anyone know if these 3com combo pc cards (a) work in Linux, and (b)
    > have external antenna connectors?

    My ones don't (3Com 3CRWE154G72).

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Oct 29, 2004
  4. Daniel

    Matthias Guest

    Kim Shepherd wrote:

    > Unrelated to your question, sorry (I'm a dummy when it comes to Windows XP),
    > but does anyone know if these 3com combo pc cards (a) work in Linux, and (b)
    > have external antenna connectors?

    Yes and no.

    -- Matthias

    Matthias, Oct 29, 2004
  5. Daniel

    Matthias Guest

    Daniel wrote:

    > Works fine, but for when the laptop is shutdown, and restarted it
    > doesn't automatically register the card. So, end up having to
    > manually re-insert the card, which is then picked up by Win XP O/S
    > and works from then on - until next shutdown.
    >
    > Anyone have similar problems, and possibly a solution?

    I had the same problem with my laptop and 3Com wireless card, but I did
    not get around to fixing it before they were stolen a couple of weeks
    ago. I suppose in a way that solved the problem for me though.

    :-/

    -- Matthias

    Matthias, Oct 29, 2004
  6. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Matthias wrote:

    > I had the same problem with my laptop and 3Com wireless card, but I did
    > not get around to fixing it before they were stolen a couple of weeks
    > ago. I suppose in a way that solved the problem for me though.

    Bummer... :-(

    Daniel, Oct 29, 2004
  7. Daniel

    ChrisOD Guest

    Daniel wrote:
    > Works fine, but for when the laptop is shutdown, and restarted it
    > doesn't automatically register the card. So, end up having to
    > manually re-insert the card, which is then picked up by Win XP O/S
    > and works from then on - until next shutdown.
    >
    > Anyone have similar problems, and possibly a solution?
    >
    > Thanks,

    Are you using the wireless config util that came with the card?

    If so I had similar problems until I uninstalled it and let windows
    configure the wireless for me.

    The wireless setups in XPSP2 are quite straitforward and seem to work!

    ChrisOD, Oct 29, 2004