    from the switch.

    Any help would be much appreciated thanks

    D. Ford

    D.Ford, Nov 1, 2006

  2. D.Ford

    keme Guest

    D.Ford skrev:
    > Hello
    >
    > I have an old three com switch "super stacker II 1100" I know how to reset
    > the pass words but I can not for the life of me get access to the switch
    > from the console port. Iam using a serial port adapter and a rollover cable.
    > I reboot the router and get one symbol come up on the terminal emulator. I
    > am not using HyperTerminal as I was told it was flawed and would not work
    > Iam using a free terminal emulator called " tera term" set the baud rate as
    > per specification and I only get the one symbole looks like and sometimes it
    > looks like a d or cx and I have had a y as well so I am getting something
    > from the switch.
    >
    > Any help would be much appreciated thanks
    >
    > D. Ford

    Baudrate is one of the settings you must have correct for a serial
    connection to work reliably. The others are Data bits, Parity, Stop
    bits, and Flow control (and possibly Terminal type and Data encoding for
    the terminal software to handle display info correctly).

    "Superstack II 1100" could be a number of different models.
    Visit http://search.3com.com and enter a few of the following terms in
    the search field:
    "Superstack II 1100"
    "Switch"
    "Management guide"
    "User guide"
    "pdf"

    Look for reference pages with images, and locate the equipment that is
    like the one you have.

    keme, Nov 2, 2006