    Should I keep using the 3Com and sell the D-Link or vice versa?

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Aug 26, 2007

  2. Kenny

    ded Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    news:D...
    > Have been given a D-Link DSL 924 by my ISP for extending my contract.
    > I already use a 3Com Office Connect which is a bit older but never given
    > me any problems.
    > The specs on both of them are near enough identical, both have a wireless
    > adapter included..
    > Should I keep using the 3Com and sell the D-Link or vice versa?
    >
    > --
    > Kenny Cargill

    I'm slightly familiar with that D-Link model inasmuch here in UK a
    mainstream
    PC retail chain (PC World) is selling it at bargain bin prices. I think it
    is now or
    soon to be a deleted model from the range. (Maybe thats why your ISP is
    offering
    them as a perk to continuing subscriptions, they got a good price on a job
    lot for
    a soon to be discontinued model?)
    I think you've answered your own question, if your current setup functions
    then
    why go through the laborious process of reconfiguring a new piece of
    hardware
    if all it does is exactly what you've already got. You could try selling it,
    or keep it
    as a back-up.

    ded, Aug 26, 2007

  3. Kenny

    Alfred Guest

    On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 11:47:58 +0100, "Kenny" <> wrote:

    >Have been given a D-Link DSL 924 by my ISP for extending my contract.
    >I already use a 3Com Office Connect which is a bit older but never given me
    >any problems.
    >The specs on both of them are near enough identical, both have a wireless
    >adapter included..
    >Should I keep using the 3Com and sell the D-Link or vice versa?

    Why not keep one as a backup?
    They can fail anytime.
    Happened to me a couple of times at home and work

    Alfred, Aug 26, 2007
  4. Kenny

    Top Guest

    Kenny wrote:

    > Have been given a D-Link DSL 924 by my ISP for extending my contract.
    > I already use a 3Com Office Connect which is a bit older but never given me
    > any problems.
    > The specs on both of them are near enough identical, both have a wireless
    > adapter included..
    > Should I keep using the 3Com and sell the D-Link or vice versa?

    If it ain't broke don't fix it.

    Top

    Top, Aug 26, 2007
  5. On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 11:47:58 +0100, "Kenny" <> wrote:

    >Have been given a D-Link DSL 924 by my ISP for extending my contract.
    >I already use a 3Com Office Connect which is a bit older but never given me
    >any problems.
    >The specs on both of them are near enough identical, both have a wireless
    >adapter included..
    >Should I keep using the 3Com and sell the D-Link or vice versa?

    Hold on to the D-Link, sooner or later you will need it, at least that
    is my experience with 3 com Office Connect ADSL Wireless Routers.

    Edward W. Thompson, Aug 27, 2007
  6. Kenny

    Plato Guest

    Kenny wrote:

    > Have been given a D-Link DSL 924 by my ISP for extending my contract.
    > I already use a 3Com Office Connect which is a bit older but never given me
    > any problems.
    > The specs on both of them are near enough identical, both have a wireless
    > adapter included..
    > Should I keep using the 3Com and sell the D-Link or vice versa?

    Dont fix what aint broken...

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 28, 2007