3com LAN Switch WX1200

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by number1hatfielder@hotmail.com, Sep 12, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    I have a 3com LAN Switch WX1200. Is there any way of restoring the
    settings to the factory defaults without accessing the 'Console' via
    the serial connection? I have attempted to access the WEB interface
    but my computer cannot assign an IP address to the WX1200.

    Hope someone can help.

    Regards,
    Anthony
     
    , Sep 12, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    >I have a 3com LAN Switch WX1200. Is there any way of restoring the
    >settings to the factory defaults without accessing the 'Console' via
    >the serial connection?


    This is not really an appropriate newsgroup for 3COM questions.

    >I have attempted to access the WEB interface
    >but my computer cannot assign an IP address to the WX1200.


    The command reference appears to be at

    http://support.3com.com/infodeli/tools/wireless/switches/msscmdref4-1.pdf#search="WX1200 reference"

    Perhaps something in there will help.
     
    Walter Roberson, Sep 12, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Chad Mahoney Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a 3com LAN Switch WX1200. Is there any way of restoring the
    > settings to the factory defaults without accessing the 'Console' via
    > the serial connection? I have attempted to access the WEB interface
    > but my computer cannot assign an IP address to the WX1200.
    >
    > Hope someone can help.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Anthony
    >



    3COM is that way ----->
     
    Chad Mahoney, Sep 12, 2006
    #3
  4. In article <bkCNg.547276$IK3.224181@pd7tw1no>,
    Walter Roberson <> wrote:
    >In article <>,
    > <> wrote:


    >>I have a 3com LAN Switch WX1200. Is there any way of restoring the
    >>settings to the factory defaults without accessing the 'Console' via
    >>the serial connection?


    Scanning through the manuals, the answer appears to be NO.
    The WX100 has a method (paperclip in a pinhole while turning the
    device on), but the other devices in the series do not appear to.
     
    Walter Roberson, Sep 12, 2006
    #4
  5. Hi Anthony,

    In order to reset the 3Com Wireless LAN Switch WX1200 configuration to
    factory default, enter the following commands below:

    1. Clear Boot Config

    2. Reset System Force

    Note: The two commands above can only be entered from the "enable"
    mode of your Wireless Switch.

    Hope this helps.

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Jobs
    http://www.bradreese.com/hot-jobs.htm
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Resumes
    http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-resumes.htm
     
    www.BradReese.Com, Sep 12, 2006
    #5
  6. Guest

    Thank you. I have finally reset the switch!
    www.BradReese.Com wrote:
    > Hi Anthony,
    >
    > In order to reset the 3Com Wireless LAN Switch WX1200 configuration to
    > factory default, enter the following commands below:
    >
    > 1. Clear Boot Config
    >
    > 2. Reset System Force
    >
    > Note: The two commands above can only be entered from the "enable"
    > mode of your Wireless Switch.
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > Brad Reese
    > BradReese.Com - Cisco Jobs
    > http://www.bradreese.com/hot-jobs.htm
    > 1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    > Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    > USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    > International: 828-277-7272
    > Fax: 775-254-3558
    > AIM: R2MGrant
    > BradReese.Com - Cisco Resumes
    > http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-resumes.htm
     
    , Sep 13, 2006
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Sam
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    7,079
    Dan Lanciani
    Jan 5, 2004
  2. Tortoise
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    741
    swirlwind599
    May 30, 2004
  3. Paul Honegger
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    1,590
    Hansang Bae
    Dec 9, 2004
  4. DannyD1355

    I have a 3com Megahertz Lan+modem

    DannyD1355, Feb 10, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    418
    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ
    Feb 10, 2004
  5. nospam

    Wanted 3Com 3C886 OfficeConnect 56K LAN Modem

    nospam, Feb 28, 2005, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    873
    John Holmes
    Feb 28, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page