    this partitioned, no name drive the last time I defraged.
    Maybe it's normal...any have experience with this ?
    , Dec 3, 2007

  2. VanguardLH Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Bear in mind that I've never noticed it before, but is it normal to
    > have a 39meg partition on the C drive that has no name, does not
    > appear in the list of drives if you go to defrag. I did not notice
    > this partitioned, no name drive the last time I defraged.
    > Maybe it's normal...any have experience with this ?

    Is it actually a partition or is it just unusable free space?

    You didn't bother to mention what operating system and version of it
    that you use so I cannot give you specific help on how to determine
    what partitions are defined.
    VanguardLH, Dec 3, 2007

  3. thanatoid Guest

    wrote in
    oups.com:

    > Bear in mind that I've never noticed it before, but is it
    > normal to have a 39meg partition on the C drive that has no
    > name, does not appear in the list of drives if you go to
    > defrag. I did not notice this partitioned, no name drive
    > the last time I defraged. Maybe it's normal...any have
    > experience with this ?

    IIRC, once after (as I always do) making a bunch of partitions
    on my HD and using Acronis True Image to save a perfect C, it
    (ATI) indicated a tiny (about the same as yours) chunk of space
    as unused or blank or something. I guess fdisk is not perfect
    (as many have said).

    I used "Partition Commander" which came on the same mag CD that
    Acronis came on to allot that space to another partition, it
    worked fine and that was the end of it.

    That was my experience, FWIW.
    thanatoid, Dec 3, 2007
  4. richard Guest

    On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 23:00:55 -0800 (PST), wrote:

    > Bear in mind that I've never noticed it before, but is it normal to
    > have a 39meg partition on the C drive that has no name, does not
    > appear in the list of drives if you go to defrag. I did not notice
    > this partitioned, no name drive the last time I defraged.
    > Maybe it's normal...any have experience with this ?

    if you can, allocate the free space to an already partitioned drive.
    Otherwise leave it alone.
    richard, Dec 3, 2007
  5. You Fool Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 23:00:55 -0800 (PST), wrote:
    >
    >> Bear in mind that I've never noticed it before, but is it normal to
    >> have a 39meg partition on the C drive that has no name, does not
    >> appear in the list of drives if you go to defrag. I did not notice
    >> this partitioned, no name drive the last time I defraged.
    >> Maybe it's normal...any have experience with this ?

    > if you can, allocate the free space to an already partitioned drive.
    > Otherwise leave it alone.

    WTF do you mean by allocate the free space to an already partitioned drive
    and how is that done you prawn brained twit.
    Now 3 of you fools have posted your pointless and unhelpful dribble and all
    it needs now is top-posting Tony, chucky ducky and Arnold and it will be a
    full house.
    You Fool, Dec 3, 2007
  6. Homer Guest

    You Fool wrote:

    >WTF do you mean by allocate the free space to an already partitioned drive
    >and how is that done you prawn brained twit.

    The answer we were looking for was "Partition Magic". Works like a
    charm, every time.

    >Now 3 of you fools have posted your pointless and unhelpful dribble and all
    >it needs now is top-posting Tony, chucky ducky and Arnold and it will be a
    >full house.

    The word is actually "drivel", you were so close Mr. Fool! Thanks for
    playing, we have some nice parting gifts for you.
    Homer, Dec 3, 2007
  7. Deep Throat Guest

    "Homer" <> wrote in message
    > You Fool wrote:
    >
    >>WTF do you mean by allocate the free space to an already partitioned drive
    >>and how is that done you prawn brained twit.

    > The answer we were looking for was "Partition Magic". Works like a
    > charm, every time.
    >
    >>Now 3 of you fools have posted your pointless and unhelpful dribble and
    >>all
    >>it needs now is top-posting Tony, chucky ducky and Arnold and it will be a
    >>full house.

    > The word is actually "drivel",

    If English were your mother tongue you'd understand that dribble was
    appropriate

    > you were so close Mr. Fool! Thanks for
    > playing, we have some nice parting gifts for you.

    The nights are very long where you are, when you type "we" do you
    mean your imaginary friends? I have informed your provider of your
    generous offer and your attempt.
    Deep Throat, Dec 3, 2007
  8. chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    > Bear in mind that I've never noticed it before, but is it normal to
    > have a 39meg partition on the C drive that has no name, does not
    > appear in the list of drives if you go to defrag. I did not notice
    > this partitioned, no name drive the last time I defraged.
    > Maybe it's normal...any have experience with this ?

    Do you have a consumer desktop? i.e. Aptiva, Inspirion, Dimension,
    Pressario etc. If so, it *might* be a partition used to reinstall
    windows put there by your "install" cd or some varient of such although
    it *is* small to be the *only* thing used for that.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Dec 3, 2007
  9. Homer Guest

    BT Tosser Puked :

    >> The word is actually "drivel",

    >If English were your mother tongue you'd understand that dribble was
    >appropriate

    English is my primary language and I understand you're still a moron.

    >> you were so close Mr. Fool! Thanks for
    >> playing, we have some nice parting gifts for you.
    >>

    >The nights are very long where you are,

    Yes, winter is upon us.

    > when you type "we" do you
    >mean your imaginary friends?

    Ah, I see American humour <-- <sp> is lost on you.

    > I have informed your provider of your
    >generous offer and your attempt.

    Thank you.

    I see you're posting from BT, LOL!!! Big surprise!!
    Homer, Dec 3, 2007
  10. thanatoid Guest

    "You Fool" <> wrote in

    > "richard" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 23:00:55 -0800 (PST),
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Bear in mind that I've never noticed it before, but is it
    >>> normal to have a 39meg partition on the C drive that has
    >>> no name, does not appear in the list of drives if you go
    >>> to defrag. I did not notice this partitioned, no name
    >>> drive the last time I defraged. Maybe it's normal...any
    >>> have experience with this ?

    >> if you can, allocate the free space to an already
    >> partitioned drive. Otherwise leave it alone.

    > WTF do you mean by allocate the free space to an already
    > partitioned drive and how is that done you prawn brained
    > twit.

    Your ignorance of basic HD management is indeed impressive.

    > Now 3 of you fools have posted your pointless and
    > unhelpful dribble and all it needs now is top-posting Tony,
    > chucky ducky and Arnold and it will be a full house.

    Now that you've joined, yes. Weren't you supposed to be dead or
    something?
    thanatoid, Dec 3, 2007
  11. philo Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Bear in mind that I've never noticed it before, but is it normal to
    > have a 39meg partition on the C drive that has no name, does not
    > appear in the list of drives if you go to defrag. I did not notice
    > this partitioned, no name drive the last time I defraged.
    > Maybe it's normal...any have experience with this ?

    You CANNOT have a 39meg partition on the C: drive

    Your C: drive is a partition!!!!
    philo, Dec 4, 2007