    Anyone has any review on Windmill 385? was Looking for a PSU on PCMall and found the item... Then called the Manufacturer for details and talked with the CS guy for awhile and got info they are having a $20 Rebate on PCMall starting at NOV 23 he don't know the end date.

    Well if $37.99 and $20 rebate = $17.99 sounds like pretty good anyone has any idea about this item? or Reviews on it?

    http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/detail~dpno~625536.asp

    Ciger, Nov 21, 2005

  2. Ciger

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:

  3. Ciger

    loosttt1982

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2005
    Messages:
    2
    Windmill

    Never heard of that REBATE but I bought the same PSU on ebay for $35.00..
    If $17.99 aint a scam, then.. it's a DEAL!!~ Too bad I already got 1..

    Anyone knows about Any High-wattaage PSU?? Thermaltake's overpriced!!!!! But sadly they r GOoooooood~~
    any recommendations??

    loosttt1982, Nov 21, 2005
  4. Ciger

    Ciger

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2005
    Messages:
    28
    WoW thx Ian... Reading it now.. I like the black cable ties.. hehe... review is pretty good I am going to wait for 23rd to get one... Hopefully the guy didn't lie to me.

    Ciger, Nov 21, 2005
  5. Ciger

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    all i want is the 24 pin Female to 20 Pin Male :D

    unholy, Nov 22, 2005
  6. Ciger

    Ciger

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2005
    Messages:
    28
    Unholy what you mean? this one has 20+4 no?.. shouldn't that works with 20 or 24 both? no need for 24 to 20?.. no?....

    Ciger, Nov 22, 2005
  7. Ciger

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I haven't looked at the link yet....

    ...but I can tell you this PSU will be junk. You simply don't get a quality PSU for that kind of money. It will let you down, you can count on that. It may power your system initially, but things will start going wrong, and if you overclock, the instability in the voltage rails will generate all kinds of havoc. Trust me. You need a decent and stable PSU. You won't get that for twenty bucks.

    bigal, Nov 23, 2005
  8. Ciger

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    omg instablility with crappy PSU's OMG thats not what u want, even for a normal system :|

    i want the 24 to 20 for the 24pin socket :)

    unholy, Nov 23, 2005