    Dan Guest

    Is there a big difference between 384MB and 512 MB for a computer with a
    pentium 4 prosessor??
    Dan, Jul 6, 2003

  2. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Is there a big performence difference though??

    Dan, Jul 6, 2003

  3. Dan

    angie Guest

    LOL
    angie, Jul 6, 2003
  4. Dan

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jul 6, 2003
  5. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Will the computer go faster if I get 512MB instead, or will there be no
    noticable differnce?

    Dan, Jul 6, 2003
  6. Dan

    Dan Guest

    SHould I get 512MB???? That is the question

    Dan, Jul 6, 2003
  7. Dan

    °Mike° Guest

    You should monitor your "Swap file in use" with the system
    monitor for a few days. If the swap file in use (NOT the
    swap file size) is very low (say below 10-20MB) under normal
    everyday use, then adding more RAM will probably result in
    no noticeable speed increase, but it won't hurt, either.
    More RAM can have a dramatic effect if your swap file usage
    is usually very high.

    On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:07:42 GMT, in
    <2TINa.15739$>
    Dan scrawled:

    °Mike°, Jul 6, 2003
  8. Dan

    DaveG Guest

    "Dan" <> wrote in message

    > SHould I get 512MB???? That is the question

    No get 1000mb instead.

    And I thought the quote was-

    To be, or not to be: that is the question:
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
    Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
    And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
    No more; and, by a sleep to say we end
    The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
    That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
    Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
    To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the
    rub;
    For in that sleep of death what dreams may
    come
    When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
    Must give us pause. There's the respect
    That makes calamity of so long life;
    For who would bear the whips and scorns of
    time,
    The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's con-
    tumely,
    The pangs of disprized love, the law's delay,
    The insolence of office, and the spurns
    That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
    When he himself might his quietus make
    With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear,
    To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
    But that the dread of something after death,
    The undiscover'd country from whose bourn
    No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
    And makes us rather bear those ills we have
    Than fly to others that we know not of?
    Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;
    And thus the native hue of resolution
    ls sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
    And enterprises of great pith and moment
    With this regard their currents turn awry,
    And lose the name of action Soft you now!
    The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy orisons
    Be all my sins remember'd.

    No mention of mb ram in there Dan.
    --
    ATB-DaveG
    DaveG, Jul 6, 2003
  9. Dan

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Dan said:

    > Does more RAm make the computer go fater, or is that just the processor?
    > Should I get a 2.4GHz or 2.6GHZ?

    Would a 3.5 litre car be any different to a 3 litre?

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware
    Brian H¹©, Jul 6, 2003
  10. Dan

    Shep© Guest

    Shep©, Jul 6, 2003
  11. Howdy!

    "Dan" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a big performence difference though??

    Yes - no - maybe.

    It really depends on if you're into the swap file or not.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jul 6, 2003
  12. Dan

    Ron Martell Guest

    Shep© <> wrote:

    >You wouldn't see much difference unless the applications/programs you
    >use use the Extra Ram.
    >Click here,
    >http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/easy.html

    Anyone who believes that Cacheman can ever possibly do something
    useful for a computer is totally unqualified to give advice about
    computer matters and should refrain from doing so.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Jul 6, 2003
  13. Dan

    Shep© Guest

    On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 07:36:33 GMT, In this world we created Ron Martell
    <> wrote :

    >Shep© <> wrote:
    >
    >>You wouldn't see much difference unless the applications/programs you
    >>use use the Extra Ram.
    >>Click here,
    >>http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/easy.html
    >>

    >Anyone who believes that Cacheman can ever possibly do something
    >useful for a computer is totally unqualified to give advice about
    >computer matters and should refrain from doing so.

    Ooooh.Get her.
    Anyone calling themselves an MVP should get their bumps felt :O)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,
    Shep©, Jul 6, 2003
  14. Dan

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Ralph Wade Phillips
    continued:

    > Howdy!
    >
    > "Dan" <> wrote in message
    >> Is there a big performence difference though??

    > Yes - no - maybe.
    >
    > It really depends on if you're into the swap file or not.

    His wife won't go to those parties anymore, after that weightlifter thing.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    Slumpy, Jul 6, 2003
  15. Dan

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian H¹© continued:

    >>> It really depends on if you're into the swap file or not.

    >> His wife won't go to those parties anymore, after that weightlifter
    >> thing.

    > Too much RAM?

    Hehe ;-0)
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    Slumpy, Jul 6, 2003
  16. Howdy!

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Errrrr...erm... Slumpy said:
    >
    > > "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
    > > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Ralph Wade Phillips
    > > continued:
    > >
    > >> Howdy!
    > >>
    > >> "Dan" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Yes - no - maybe.
    > >>
    > >> It really depends on if you're into the swap file or not.

    > > His wife won't go to those parties anymore, after that weightlifter

    thing.

    > Too much RAM?

    Ewe must be kid-ding, right?

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jul 7, 2003
  17. Dan

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Ralph Wade Phillips
    continued:

    >>> His wife won't go to those parties anymore, after that weightlifter
    >>> thing.

    >> Too much RAM?

    > Ewe must be kid-ding, right?

    Ignore him, he's baaahmy ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Jul 7, 2003
  18. Dan

    Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 14:39:33 +0100, In this world we created "slumpy"
    <> wrote :

    >"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
    >threw back my head and roared with laughter as Ralph Wade Phillips
    >continued:

    >>> Too much RAM?

    >> Ewe must be kid-ding, right?

    >Ignore him, he's baaahmy ;-)

    Heh.Heh.
    Pot/Kettle<grin> &-)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,
    Shep©, Jul 8, 2003
  19. Dan

    Shep© Guest

    On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 01:04:00 +0100, In this world we created "Brian
    H¹©" <> wrote :

    > In a desperate cry for help Shep© said:
    >
    >> On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 14:39:33 +0100, In this world we created "slumpy"
    >> <> wrote :
    >>
    >>> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
    >>> threw back my head and roared with laughter as Ralph Wade Phillips
    >>> continued:

    >>> Ignore him, he's baaahmy ;-)

    >> Heh.Heh.
    >> Pot/Kettle<grin> &-)