3750 stack members

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by ccie reports, Jan 5, 2010.

  1. ccie reports

    ccie reports Guest

    I have a problem with a Cisco stack with 3 members.
    All 3 memebers are catalyst 3750.
    Because these stack is currently not in use i will use all of them as
    spare in case of one of the other switches of infrastructure will
    fail.
    I removed a memeber from this stack - as explained at cisco website:
    powerde down the member to remove and at master - no switch 3
    provision name ...exit...wr mem. This all worked. (Stack cabels were
    removed too)

    After powering up the removed memberexplains me that he is master -
    and the interfaces are shown as 3/0/1 and so on.
    This is not realy a problem but it looks not so good.

    Is there any solution for this ?
    I was looking at Cisco website and Switch manual for an ssolution but
    i didn´t find anything.

    I will be glad for an hint how to solve this

    best christmas regards and wishes

    CR
    Cisco Certification Forum
    http://CertificationChat.com
    ccie reports, Jan 5, 2010

  2. "ccie reports" <> wrote in message
    I have a problem with a Cisco stack with 3 members.
    All 3 memebers are catalyst 3750.
    Because these stack is currently not in use i will use all of them as
    spare in case of one of the other switches of infrastructure will
    fail.
    I removed a memeber from this stack - as explained at cisco website:
    powerde down the member to remove and at master - no switch 3
    provision name ...exit...wr mem. This all worked. (Stack cabels were
    removed too)

    After powering up the removed memberexplains me that he is master -
    and the interfaces are shown as 3/0/1 and so on.
    This is not realy a problem but it looks not so good.

    Is there any solution for this ?
    I was looking at Cisco website and Switch manual for an ssolution but
    i didn´t find anything.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...guration_example09186a00807811ad.shtml#number

    Pretty sure that should help.
    Darren Moulding, Jan 6, 2010

  3. ccie reports

    make Guest

    Use show switch, this tells that this switch is number 3. Try, command:
    switch 3 renumber 1, wr mem and reload.

    make, Jan 6, 2010