    Just a word of caution for those who say virus checkers on Windows
    systems are not needed!

    Glad I switched over to Linux though.

    philo, May 27, 2009

  2. philo

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 27 May 2009 17:24:36 -0500, philo <>
    wrote:

    >I just did a full virus scan of a Windows machine today.
    >Avast did a good job of keeping the machine from getting infected...
    >but it did find and delete 375 malicious vb scripts in the temp.
    >internet cache.
    >
    >Just a word of caution for those who say virus checkers on Windows
    >systems are not needed!
    >
    >Glad I switched over to Linux though.

    I'd like to know why it is that these programs feel that vb scripting
    is so malicious. Maybe it's because vb works only in IE or that
    because the programmers don't want to take the time to learn about it?

    Even google will tag your site with warnings if you dare to use the
    script.

    richard, May 27, 2009