    if I get a new compact flash card - how do I format it first to enable
    me put an IOS version on it? Should I be able to boot from "internal"
    memory ?
    Ned, May 14, 2010

  2. Ned

    bod43 Guest

    On 14 May, 09:34, Ned <> wrote:
    > I have a 3725 which has missing flash card: it boots to ROMMON only;
    > if I get a new compact flash card - how do I format it first to enable
    > me put an IOS version on it? Should I be able to boot from "internal"
    > memory ?

    It appears that the 3725 has no internal flash and so can not boot
    IOS without a compact flash card *unless you do a network boot*.

    I am not sure, however a quick search suggests that there
    is no rommon 'format' command. The best idea might well be
    to do a network boot (tftp or otherwise boot) and then format
    the flash from IOS.

    If you can't find the documentation that describes how
    to do a network boot please come back for further info.
    I would describe it here if I could, but I need to look it up
    so you may as well do that yourself:)

    Bear in mind that tftp is limited to 64M (or 32M
    if you have old kit). tftpd32.exe (tftpd32.jounin.net)
    is pretty cool 'n' groovy.
    bod43, May 15, 2010