    series routers, but I would imagine with a 2600 and 12.2 enterprise
    IOS, you have em all covered (beside AIMs?). Is cisco trying to sell
    students what they dont need?

    Ghazan Haider, Aug 10, 2003

  2. No offence, but maybe you ought to do a bit more research on cisco.com
    before you send so many posts to this group, one after the other. The info
    you seek here is clearly available on cisco.com so you should be spending
    your time there.

    Certainly as a budding CCIE you should get to be a LOT more self sufficient
    and only post here when you need genuine help or want to share opinions.

    To answer your question. The CCIE lab kit is very modest, a rack of 2500's
    and a couple of 3550's is all you need. The routers need to run 12.2
    Enterprise software since you could get tested on IS-IS and/or specific IOS
    features. You do not need to have powerful routers to practise CCIE. All I
    used were 2500's and 1720's. Make sure you have access to the 3550's
    though.
    TRSS

    The Real Slim Shady, Aug 10, 2003