    The question is: will is be able to hanlde more traffic (more bps/pps) than the 3640+2924
    scenario? If not, what would be a good (with the same price if possible) replacement for
    our current scenario?

    Tassos, Dec 8, 2003

  2. Tassos wrote:

    > The question is: will is be able to hanlde more traffic (more bps/pps)
    > than the 3640+2924 scenario? If not, what would be a good (with the same
    > price if possible) replacement for our current scenario?

    I'd think so :). More than two orders of magnitude more, according to
    this: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/pcat/ca3550.htm#spec

    The 3550-48 will do 6.8Gbps or 10.1 Mpps at both layer 2 and 3.

    Regards,

    Marco.

    M.C. van den Bovenkamp, Dec 8, 2003

  3. Tassos

    Chad Whitten Guest

    i replaced the exact same hardware (3640 + 2924) with a 3550 (24 port model)
    and the benefit has been enormous. much better throughput. processor load
    on the 3550 is very light and the 3640 is still in use handling some t1
    traffic.

    --
    Chad Whitten CCNA
    Network/Systems Administrator