    interface
    im in config and i try to type interface but its wrong
    what is it ?
    Sam, Mar 31, 2008

  2. Sam

    Trendkill Guest

    On Mar 31, 9:37 am, Sam <> wrote:
    > Hi guys
    > Im trying to load an IOS on a 3620 and im wondering what do i type for
    > interface
    > im in config and i try to type interface but its wrong
    > what is it ?

    Interface for what? config t, then interface?

    Trendkill, Mar 31, 2008

  3. Doug McIntyre, Mar 31, 2008
  4. Sam

    Sam Guest

    On Mar 31, 10:10 am, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    > Sam <> writes:
    > >Im trying to load an IOS on a 3620 and im wondering what do i type for
    > >interface
    > >im in config and i try to type interface but its wrong
    > >what is it ?

    > The Cisco docs are really really good for beginners...
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/3700/software/configur...
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/cis360...
    >
    > http://www-tss.cisco.com/eservice/compass/common/task_ios_upgrade.htm

    thanks guys. well i figured out how to load the ios the problem is i
    loaded the wrong one and it exeeds the file size and now it forces it
    to crash and brings me into rommon. i tried to do tftpdnld but its
    not working. any ideas?
    Sam, Mar 31, 2008
  5. Sam <> writes:
    >On Mar 31, 10:10=A0am, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    >> Sam <> writes:
    >> >Im trying to load an IOS on a 3620 and im wondering what do i type for
    >> >interface
    >> >im in config and i try to type interface but its wrong
    >> >what is it ?

    >> The Cisco docs are really really good for beginners...
    >>
    >> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/3700/software/configur...
    >>
    >> http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/cis360...
    >>
    >> http://www-tss.cisco.com/eservice/compass/common/task_ios_upgrade.htm

    >thanks guys. well i figured out how to load the ios the problem is i
    >loaded the wrong one and it exeeds the file size and now it forces it
    >to crash and brings me into rommon. i tried to do tftpdnld but its
    >not working. any ideas?

    IIRC, the 36xx platform doesn't *have* tftpdnld. This was the first
    platform with the newstyle ROMMON that is still in current boxes, and
    they just hadn't implemented it there yet.

    You're down to doing an xmodem serial transfer over of the IOS image.

    Hyperterminal does do xmodem correctly so this can work, just be
    prepared to wait forever and a day.
    Doug McIntyre, Mar 31, 2008