    we have a PCMCIA card in the router so we can store the IOS and image
    locally.

    Gary

    Gary, Nov 24, 2005

  2. Gary schrieb:
    > I need to replace all Flash and RAM on a 3640 router and I know I will loose
    > both the config and the IOS Image.
    >
    > What are the procedures for this? I cannot seem to find anything on
    > cisco.com although I am sure there must be some.
    >
    > we have a PCMCIA card in the router so we can store the IOS and image
    > locally.

    Hi,
    why don't you use a tftp-server for the backup ?
    copy flash tftp
    and
    copy start tftp

    after changing flash and memory assign an ip-address and then copy tftp
    flash and copy tftp start.

    bye
    christoph

    --
    last words:
    "let's make the backup tomorrow"

    Christoph Hanle, Nov 24, 2005

  3. Gary

    Gary Guest

    "Christoph Hanle" <> wrote in message

    > Gary schrieb:
    >> I need to replace all Flash and RAM on a 3640 router and I know I will
    >> loose both the config and the IOS Image.
    >>
    >> What are the procedures for this? I cannot seem to find anything on
    >> cisco.com although I am sure there must be some.
    >>
    >> we have a PCMCIA card in the router so we can store the IOS and image
    >> locally.

    > Hi,
    > why don't you use a tftp-server for the backup ?
    > copy flash tftp
    > and
    > copy start tftp
    >
    > after changing flash and memory assign an ip-address and then copy tftp
    > flash and copy tftp start.
    >
    > bye
    > christoph
    >>
    >> Gary

    > --
    > last words:
    > "let's make the backup tomorrow"

    How will it boot without an IOS?

    Will the bootstrap IOS be enough? Is that what you are saying?

    Gary

    Gary, Nov 24, 2005
  4. Gary

    Matty M Guest

    "Gary" <> wrote in message
    >I need to replace all Flash and RAM on a 3640 router and I know I will
    >loose both the config and the IOS Image.
    >
    > What are the procedures for this? I cannot seem to find anything on
    > cisco.com although I am sure there must be some.
    >
    > we have a PCMCIA card in the router so we can store the IOS and image
    > locally.
    >
    > Gary

    Change the RAM, change the FLASH. You wont lose your config because thats in
    the NVRAM. It will boot off your PCMCIA card providing there is an IOS image
    on there. You can then copy that to FLASH or copy a new image to FLASH from
    a tftp server.

    Cheers

    Matt

    Matty M, Nov 24, 2005
  5. "Gary" <> wrote in message
    > we have a PCMCIA card in the router so we can store the IOS and image
    > locally.

    Copy flash:iosimagename slot0: ! moves flash to slot
    copy stratup-config slot0:config ! puts sonfig file on slot

    Once the flash SIMMs are removed, system should boot from slot 0, if not you
    should be able to instruct the system to boot from slot0: from ROM monitor
    (boot slot0:)

    Then just reverse

    copy slot0:imagename flash
    copy slot0:config startup-config