    dan

    p.s.

    if i'm the wrong board i do beg that you tell me so

    Dan Irwin, Aug 29, 2004

  2. "Dan Irwin" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have about 20 disposable cameras. What is the best way to get the
    > highest quailty possible digial pics from them?
    >
    > thx for the help,
    >
    > dan
    >
    > p.s.
    >
    > if i'm the wrong board i do beg that you tell me so

    This is an oxymoron now right?

    Jack-of-the-Dust, Aug 29, 2004

  3. Dan Irwin

    Justin Thyme Guest

    "Dan Irwin" <> wrote in message
    >I have about 20 disposable cameras. What is the best way to get the
    > highest quailty possible digial pics from them?

    Get them developed at a place with a newish fuji frontier and get them
    scanned to CD. Make sure they scan them out of the frontier - some places
    have other film scanners, and IME they tend to be crap. The normal setting
    that most places do from the frontier is "4 Base JPEG", which results in a
    file about 1800x1200 pixels. This will print very well as a 6x4 and _ok_ at
    higher print sizes. Considering that they are from disposable cams, this is
    probably about the best they will comfortably do anyway.
    If they were photos from a better cam, I'd ask them to do the scan at "16
    Base JPEG" from the frontier - this setting is a lot higher quality, the
    resulting pics are about 3300x2200 pixels. At this quality they will print
    very well at 12x8, and quite well at larger sizes. Expect to pay a lot more
    for 16 base JPEG though, it takes several times longer for the machine to
    process it.

    Justin Thyme, Aug 29, 2004
  4. Dan Irwin

    Dan Irwin Guest

    Is there anywhere online i can have this done cheap? I'm in no rush to
    have them devloped and i wouldn't mined the saving a few bucks.

    thanks,

    dan

    Dan Irwin, Aug 29, 2004
  5. When we still used film, we used Clark (http://www.clarkcolor.com/)
    regularly, with good results.

    Marvin Margoshes, Aug 29, 2004
  6. Dan Irwin

    Dan Irwin Guest

    The guy at my supermarket says they send all their digital photos out
    to Fuji to be done. Will this assure me that i will get the equipment
    you recommended?

    Dan Irwin, Aug 30, 2004