3560 Enhanced - How do I know

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by tdenham735@gmail.com, Jul 30, 2007.

  1. Guest

    How can I tell if a Cat 3560 is enhanced? I've heard that if it has
    an E after the IOS, however looking at the IOS there is an E, but like
    so 12.2(25)SEB4. But not sure if that qualifies for E???

    THanks in advance.
     
    , Jul 30, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Merv Guest

    On Jul 30, 12:28 pm, wrote:
    > How can I tell if a Cat 3560 is enhanced? I've heard that if it has
    > an E after the IOS, however looking at the IOS there is an E, but like
    > so 12.2(25)SEB4. But not sure if that qualifies for E???
    >
    > THanks in advance.






    according to Cisco docs, it is supposed to show up in the output of
    show version:

    3560#show version
    Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software
    IOS (tm) C3560 Software (C3560-I5-M), Version 12.1(19)EA1c, RELEASE
    SOFTWARE (fc
    2)
    Copyright (c) 1986-2004 by cisco Systems, Inc.
    Compiled Tue 03-Feb-04 05:56 by yenanh
    Image text-base: 0x00003000, data-base: 0x0091D404

    ROM: Bootstrap program is C3560 boot loader
    BOOTLDR: C3560 Boot Loader (C3560-HBOOT-M) Version 12.1(19r)EA1b,
    RELEASE SOFTWA
    RE (fc2)

    3-8-03-CATS3560 uptime is 8 weeks, 4 days, 18 hours, 16 minutes
    System returned to ROM by power-on
    System image file is "flash:c3560-i5-mz.121-19.EA1c.bin"

    cisco WS-C3560-24PS (PowerPC405) processor (revision D0) with 118776K/
    12288K byt
    es of memory.
    Processor board ID CSG0802P0G4
    Last reset from power-on
    Bridging software.
    1 Virtual Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
    24 FastEthernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
    2 Gigabit Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
    The password-recovery mechanism is enabled.

    512K bytes of flash-simulated non-volatile configuration memory.
    Base ethernet MAC Address : 00:0E:39:E9:32:80
    Motherboard assembly number : 73-9299-01
    Power supply part number : 341-0029-03
    Motherboard serial number : CAT075108EK
    Power supply serial number : LIT074900K3
    Model revision number : D0
    Motherboard revision number : C0
    Model number : WS-C3560-24PS-E
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    System serial number : CSG0802P0G4
    Top Assembly Part Number : 800-24814-01
    Top Assembly Revision Number : D0
    Version ID : N/A
    Hardware Board Revision Number : 0x08Catalyst 3550
     
    Merv, Jul 30, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. CK Guest

    Merv has given u a right answer

    For more refrence go through the below link, it will give u idea about
    the CISCO IOS Software

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/probrief ducts/sw/iosswrel/ps1818/
    products_tech_note09186a00800b6e23.shtml
     
    CK, Jul 30, 2007
    #3
  4. Guest

    On Jul 30, 2:30 pm, CK <> wrote:
    > Merv has given u a right answer
    >
    > For more refrence go through the below link, it will give u idea about
    > the CISCO IOS Software
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/probriefducts/sw/iosswrel/ps1818/
    > products_tech_note09186a00800b6e23.shtml


    So looking at this, appears that I do not have the extended version?
    I have the 24-TS and IOS is 12.2(25)SEB4. Is that correct?


    Cisco IOS Software, C3560 Software (C3560-IPSERVICES-M), Version
    12.2(25)SEB4, R ELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) Copyright (c) 1986-2005 by Cisco
    Systems, Inc.
    Compiled Tue 30-Aug-05 14:19 by yenanh

    ROM: Bootstrap program is C3560 boot loader
    BOOTLDR: C3560 Boot Loader (C3560-HBOOT-M) Version 12.2(25r)SEC,
    RELEASE SOFTWAR E (fc4)

    3560_Switch uptime is 2 days, 18 hours, 11 minutes System returned to
    ROM by power-on System image file is "flash:c3560-ipservices-mz.
    122-25.SEB4/c3560-ipservices-mz.
    122-25.SEB4.bin"

    cisco WS-C3560-24TS (PowerPC405) processor (revision D0) with 118784K/
    12280K byt es of memory.
    Processor board ID CAT1022N6CY
     
    , Jul 30, 2007
    #4
  5. writes:
    >On Jul 30, 2:30 pm, CK <> wrote:
    >> Merv has given u a right answer
    >>
    >> For more refrence go through the below link, it will give u idea about
    >> the CISCO IOS Software
    >>
    >> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/probriefducts/sw/iosswrel/ps1818/
    >> products_tech_note09186a00800b6e23.shtml


    >So looking at this, appears that I do not have the extended version?
    >I have the 24-TS and IOS is 12.2(25)SEB4. Is that correct?


    The URL above is messed up. I changed it to what I thought it should
    be (s/probriefducts/products/), and whoever gave it to you gave you
    the 1000' big picture. Not very helpful in this case..

    24-TS is part of a valid part #. You need the *complete* part number
    to tell if you have the enhanced version (-E) or not (-S).

    12.2(25)SEB4 is a version of IOS. There are both standard and enhanced
    versions of 12.2(25)SEB4 out.. Again, you need the *complete* filename
    to read off the feature codes.


    >Cisco IOS Software, C3560 Software (C3560-IPSERVICES-M), Version
    >12.2(25)SEB4, R ELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) Copyright (c) 1986-2005 by Cisco
    >Systems, Inc.
    >Compiled Tue 30-Aug-05 14:19 by yenanh


    Ah, here's something, you are running the IPServices feature set of IOS.
    Thats usually the enhanced version (but not Advanced version).
    ipbase is the Standard image. ipservices is the enhanced
    version. advipservices is the Advanced version.

    You aren't looking in to the right area of the 'show ver' for the full
    part #.

    Go down lower. Where it has Base ethernet MAC address, assembly
    numbers, part numbers, serial numbers, etc.

    But especially..
    Model number : WS-C3560-24TS-E

    This is an enhanced 3560-24TS of mine.
     
    Doug McIntyre, Jul 30, 2007
    #5
  6. Guest

    On Jul 30, 5:40 pm, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    > writes:
    > >On Jul 30, 2:30 pm, CK <> wrote:
    > >> Merv has given u a right answer

    >
    > >> For more refrence go through the below link, it will give u idea about
    > >> the CISCO IOS Software

    >
    > >>http://www.cisco.com/en/US/probriefducts/sw/iosswrel/ps1818/
    > >> products_tech_note09186a00800b6e23.shtml

    > >So looking at this, appears that I do not have the extended version?
    > >I have the 24-TS and IOS is 12.2(25)SEB4. Is that correct?

    >
    > The URL above is messed up. I changed it to what I thought it should
    > be (s/probriefducts/products/), and whoever gave it to you gave you
    > the 1000' big picture. Not very helpful in this case..
    >
    > 24-TS is part of a valid part #. You need the *complete* part number
    > to tell if you have the enhanced version (-E) or not (-S).
    >
    > 12.2(25)SEB4 is a version of IOS. There are both standard and enhanced
    > versions of 12.2(25)SEB4 out.. Again, you need the *complete* filename
    > to read off the feature codes.
    >
    > >Cisco IOS Software, C3560 Software (C3560-IPSERVICES-M), Version
    > >12.2(25)SEB4, R ELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) Copyright (c) 1986-2005 by Cisco
    > >Systems, Inc.
    > >Compiled Tue 30-Aug-05 14:19 by yenanh

    >
    > Ah, here's something, you are running the IPServices feature set of IOS.
    > Thats usually the enhanced version (but not Advanced version).
    > ipbase is the Standard image. ipservices is the enhanced
    > version. advipservices is the Advanced version.
    >
    > You aren't looking in to the right area of the 'show ver' for the full
    > part #.
    >
    > Go down lower. Where it has Base ethernet MAC address, assembly
    > numbers, part numbers, serial numbers, etc.
    >
    > But especially..
    > Model number : WS-C3560-24TS-E
    >
    > This is an enhanced 3560-24TS of mine.


    Thank much...I can't get to the device right now, but will be able to
    first thing in the morning...EST.

    I didn't see the -E in the model number however. Thanks again:)
     
    , Jul 30, 2007
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Hansang Bae

    Enhanced Tera Term...very nice.

    Hansang Bae, Jan 22, 2005, in forum: Cisco
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    3,356
    Hansang Bae
    Jan 28, 2005
  2. R Siffredi
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    727
    brandon
    Feb 8, 2005
  3. Stohon
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    6,669
    Peter
    Mar 15, 2006
  4. Maverick
    Replies:
    41
    Views:
    2,390
    shawn
    Oct 20, 2003
  5. Rutgar
    Replies:
    38
    Views:
    4,346
    Rutgar
    Nov 9, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page