3550 Traffic Policing Problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Pouya, Jul 30, 2007.

  1. Pouya

    Pouya

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Hi forum,

    I am trying to limit traffic usage on one of my 3550's fastEthernet ports. This is the configuration I enter:

    ip access-list extended test
    permit ip any x.x.x.x x.x.x.x
    deny ip any any
    class-map test
    match access-group name test
    policy-map test
    class test
    police 200000 15000 exceed-action drop
    interface fastEthernet0/6
    service-policy input test
    mls qos

    So this should limit the receive of x.x.x.x users to 200,000 bps, right? but it doesn't. the "show mls qos int fast0/6 stat" shows that many bytes are dropped, but I can still download with whatever speed I like with a x.x.x.x IP (I tried upto 8Mbps). Is there any trick in configuring traffic policing on a 3550?

    I should mention that int fast0/6 is a switchport, and the x.x.x.x users are connected to int fast0/7 which is also a switchport, but a member of a different vlan. Should I make both interfaces "no switchport"?!

    Pouya, Jul 30, 2007

  2. Pouya

    Pouya

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Does anyone has experience in traffic policing using 3550?

    Pouya, Aug 4, 2007