3550 IP sla RTTMON error

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Wim Holemans, Jul 9, 2008.

  1. Wim Holemans

    Wim Holemans Guest

    We are experimenting with IP SLA measurements on our network ; i
    upgraded a catalyst 3550 to version ipservicesk9-mz.122-44.SE to have
    the latest options available. I did some tests with different cisco
    switches acting as reponder on our network and looking at the CLI output
    everything seems to be working as expected.

    As a next step i wanted to collect the data via snmp (CISCO-RTTMON-MIB)
    but i always get an error when trying to get the data :
    -Error: OID not increasing:
    CISCO-RTTMON-MIB::rttMonStatsCaptureCompletions.100.0.1.1.1
    >= CISCO-RTTMON-MIB::rttMonStatsCaptureCompletions.100.0.1.1.1

    Is this a known bug ? I'm using the following software to extract the data :
    [root@mgmt mibs]# snmpwalk -h
    USAGE: snmpwalk [OPTIONS] AGENT [OID]

    Version: 5.4
    Web: http://www.net-snmp.org/
    Email:

    Anyone has seen this before ? Solution ?

    Thanks,

    Wim Holemans
    Network Services
    University of Antwerp
    Wim Holemans, Jul 9, 2008

  2. On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 17:10:57 +0200, Wim Holemans wrote:

    > As a next step i wanted to collect the data via snmp (CISCO-RTTMON-MIB)
    > but i always get an error when trying to get the data :
    > -Error: OID not increasing:
    > CISCO-RTTMON-MIB::rttMonStatsCaptureCompletions.100.0.1.1.1
    > >= CISCO-RTTMON-MIB::rttMonStatsCaptureCompletions.100.0.1.1.1

    > Is this a known bug ? I'm using the following software to extract the data :
    > [root@mgmt mibs]# snmpwalk -h
    > USAGE: snmpwalk [OPTIONS] AGENT [OID]
    >
    > Version: 5.4
    > Web: http://www.net-snmp.org/
    > Email:
    >
    > Anyone has seen this before ? Solution ?

    Have not been using this MIB, but similar problems occurs from
    time to time in other MIBs (and other vendors)
    If the 'not increasing' are to be expected then a "-Cc" switch to
    net-snmp snmpwalk disables the test.
    But this one seems to return the same index on getnext. Thats looks
    like a bug. This one had a loop with one element. Larger loops seen!
    Do you need to use getnext? If you can figure out the index you might
    be able to use get alone to get the data.

    /hjj
    Hans Jørgen Jakobsen, Jul 9, 2008