    in the box. What do I do? Who do I contact? I have searched through the
    canon website, but can't find a single email address for support
    anywhere! Can anyone give me a canon support email address in the UK?
    GT, Apr 6, 2005

  2. GT,

    you can find the ser.nr on the box itself.
    Worked for me, received flash card after three days

    Rene

    Rene van Groenigen, Apr 6, 2005

  3. GT

    erics Guest

    "GT" <> wrote in message
    >I got my new 350d last week and I am very happy with it. Everything is
    > great, except exposure in sunlight (even with white balance set at
    > 'sun'). However, I have just tried to register with canon in order to
    > receive my free 256mb CF card, only to find that the serial number on
    > the bottom of the camera is totally illegible. You can just about make
    > out half of one single letter or number, but that is it.
    >
    > I bought the camera on eBay and it is brand new - arrived still sealed
    > in the box. What do I do? Who do I contact? I have searched through the
    > canon website, but can't find a single email address for support
    > anywhere! Can anyone give me a canon support email address in the UK?

    If you take a picture, load it into the zoombrowser software, and look at
    the "Shooting information". AT the bottom is the "Camera Body No." which is
    the serial number on the bottom of the camera (in my case it is anyway!).

    HTH
    erics, Apr 6, 2005
  4. GT

    GT Guest

    Can you tell me where on the box. I have looked, and found several
    numbers, but none of them let me register with canon!

    What format is the serial number - how many numbers / letters.

    Thanks
    GT, Apr 6, 2005
  5. GT

    erics Guest

    "GT" <> wrote in message
    > Can you tell me where on the box. I have looked, and found several
    > numbers, but none of them let me register with canon!
    >
    > What format is the serial number - how many numbers / letters.
    >
    > Thanks

    On my box there is a sticker with two bar codes and three number on in the
    "Body No" area of the box on the side. The camera serial number is the
    middle number inbetween the two bar codes. The number is formatted (aa)
    xxxxxxxxxx - in my case the serial number is "xxxxxxxxxx", that is, when
    registering omit the brackets.
    erics, Apr 6, 2005
  6. GT

    C Wright Guest

    On 4/6/05 10:02 AM, in article
    , "GT"
    <> wrote:

    > I got my new 350d last week and I am very happy with it. Everything is
    > great, except exposure in sunlight (even with white balance set at
    > 'sun'). However, I have just tried to register with canon in order to
    > receive my free 256mb CF card, only to find that the serial number on
    > the bottom of the camera is totally illegible. You can just about make
    > out half of one single letter or number, but that is it.
    >
    > I bought the camera on eBay and it is brand new - arrived still sealed
    > in the box. What do I do? Who do I contact? I have searched through the
    > canon website, but can't find a single email address for support
    > anywhere! Can anyone give me a canon support email address in the UK?

    Also, in addition to what others have said, inside the box there should have
    been a Canon Limited Warrantee card that contained the serial number. Every
    Canon camera or lens that I have purchased had one of these cards.
    C Wright, Apr 6, 2005
  7. GT

    eatmorepies Guest

    > > What format is the serial number - how many numbers / letters.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >

    > On my box there is a sticker with two bar codes and three number on in the
    > "Body No" area of the box on the side. The camera serial number is the
    > middle number inbetween the two bar codes. The number is formatted (aa)
    > xxxxxxxxxx - in my case the serial number is "xxxxxxxxxx", that is, when
    > registering omit the brackets.

    I posted my registration and was similarly confused as to which number to
    quote, so I wrote all of them down. That was nearly 3 weeks ago. If I don't
    get my 256 CF card or clear instructions soon I shall give them one phone
    call and then forget about them.

    However, I do want to use 2 of the vouchers I got with the camera to buy a
    flash and another lens - I won't be doing this unless Canon are able to
    convince me that their rebate syatem works.

    John
    eatmorepies, Apr 7, 2005