    wrong on that...)

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Mar 20, 2005

  2. David J. Littleboy

    Jim Townsend Guest

    David J. Littleboy wrote:

    > It's _TINY_. Essentially unusable by my hands (scrawny with 10" span): very
    > awkward to hold. People who find the 300D too big will be really really
    > happy.

    Someone on the Photography-on-the-net forums posted a shot of the
    350D sitting beside a 1Ds MKII. There *is* a slight size difference :)

    http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62804

    Jim Townsend, Mar 20, 2005

  3. David J. Littleboy

    Steve Wolfe Guest

    > Meandered by the local ma and pa photo shop (Yodobashi Camera) and checked
    > out the 350D.
    >
    > It's _TINY_. Essentially unusable by my hands (scrawny with 10" span):

    very
    > awkward to hold. People who find the 300D too big will be really really
    > happy.

    Behind a lens larger than the kit lens and a decent flash, the subject
    doesn't even really see the camera, just glass, flash, and your hand.

    steve

    Steve Wolfe, Mar 20, 2005
  4. David J. Littleboy

    JohnR66 Guest

    I'll probably like it. i find the 300D bulky by "Rebel" standards. I'm not
    trading in mine yet. I'm waiting for 10+ MP.
    John

    JohnR66, Mar 20, 2005
  5. David J. Littleboy

    grenner Guest

    I agree, I handled one today along with a 20D and the 20D size wise is much
    more to my liking. The Epson 800 and 2200 do a good job on black and white
    and there is a HP that does a nice job too. It has a black cartrige as well
    as a grey cartridge avaialble.

    Greg

    grenner, Mar 20, 2005
  6. "grenner" <> wrote:

    > I agree, I handled one today along with a 20D and the 20D size wise is

    much
    > more to my liking. The Epson 800 and 2200 do a good job on black and

    white
    > and there is a HP that does a nice job too. It has a black cartrige as

    well
    > as a grey cartridge avaialble.

    I have the 800, and I'm sorry to say, but it isn't even close. Miles and
    miles. Orders of magnitude. Sigh. Real B&W is seriously gorgeous.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Mar 20, 2005
  7. David J. Littleboy

    Drifter Guest

    On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 09:21:38 +0900, "David J. Littleboy"
    <> wrote:

    ---snip----
    >(I also checked out their darkroom supplies floor. The photos they have on
    >the walls demoing the various B&W papers are some of the most gorgeous
    >images I've seen in a long time. I had sort of forgotten the power and
    >impact the visceral beauty of a good B&W print can hit you with. It would be
    >real nice if inkjets could do that well, but I doubt that we digirati will
    >be seeing anything that nice for a long time. It would be nice if I were
    >wrong on that...)

    David- You should check out some of the prints from the HP Photosmart
    7960. Put in the grey carts and output some marvelous stuff! Wish I
    had a wider format version though <grin>.

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."

    Drifter, Mar 20, 2005
  8. David J. Littleboy

    Tumbleweed Guest

    > Meandered by the local ma and pa photo shop (Yodobashi Camera) and checked
    > out the 350D.
    >
    > It's _TINY_. Essentially unusable by my hands (scrawny with 10" span):
    > very
    > awkward to hold. People who find the 300D too big will be really really
    > happy.

    It's the one thing that impressed me most.
    After working with OM1, OM2 and OM4 for most of my professional life, the
    350XT really appeals to me.

    Tumbleweed, Mar 20, 2005
  9. David J. Littleboy

    Julian Tan Guest

    Maybe the larger camera is to compensate for something... (joke) :D

    Julian Tan, Mar 20, 2005
  10. David J. Littleboy

    deryck lant Guest

    The message <>
    from Drifter <> contains these words:

    > On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 09:21:38 +0900, "David J. Littleboy"
    > <> wrote:

    > ---snip----
    > >(I also checked out their darkroom supplies floor. The photos they have on
    > >the walls demoing the various B&W papers are some of the most gorgeous
    > >images I've seen in a long time. I had sort of forgotten the power and
    > >impact the visceral beauty of a good B&W print can hit you with. It
    > >would be
    > >real nice if inkjets could do that well, but I doubt that we digirati will
    > >be seeing anything that nice for a long time. It would be nice if I were
    > >wrong on that...)

    > David- You should check out some of the prints from the HP Photosmart
    > 7960. Put in the grey carts and output some marvelous stuff! Wish I
    > had a wider format version though <grin>.

    The A3+ 8750 available May. 9 ink including blue and 3 black/grey.

    The 350D will appeal to many as a lightweight hiking camera.

    Deryck

    deryck lant, Mar 20, 2005
  11. David J. Littleboy

    PCR Guest

    I must admit that I haven't seen it but I find most of the post
    1980's SLRs seriously too big. Once people started putting in
    powerwinds and flashes it all became a bit silly and convenience
    went out the window!

    So the real question for me is how big is the 350D compared to a
    Pentax MX or and Olympus OM1. If we want to keep within a brand, how
    big is it compared to my long lost (and loved) Canon A1?

    All the best

    PCR

    Posted with NewsLeecher v2.1 Beta 1
    * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
    * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

    PCR, Mar 20, 2005
  12. David J. Littleboy

    TAFKAB Guest

    > Meandered by the local ma and pa photo shop (Yodobashi Camera) and checked
    > out the 350D.
    >
    > It's _TINY_. Essentially unusable by my hands (scrawny with 10" span):
    > very
    > awkward to hold. People who find the 300D too big will be really really
    > happy.
    >
    > (I also checked out their darkroom supplies floor. The photos they have on
    > the walls demoing the various B&W papers are some of the most gorgeous
    > images I've seen in a long time. I had sort of forgotten the power and
    > impact the visceral beauty of a good B&W print can hit you with. It would
    > be
    > real nice if inkjets could do that well, but I doubt that we digirati will
    > be seeing anything that nice for a long time. It would be nice if I were
    > wrong on that...)

    You're not wrong. Digi prints have not come close to wet prints on either
    the B&W or color front. Some high-end ink jets come close, but wet is still
    better. Huge pain in the ass, though.

    TAFKAB, Mar 20, 2005