340 Wireless Bridge Question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by dysatguy26, Sep 7, 2007.

1. dysatguy26

dysatguy26

Hello, I have setup a network between two houses using 3 Cisco Aironet 340 bridges. (You may ask why I am using 3, well because of some line of site issues) My configuration is as follows, the first house we will call House 1, has a high speed internet connection and I am using a Dlink DI-604 router as the default gateway. From there I have connected one of the 340 bridges with an ethernet cable to the 604. From there I make the first wireless hop to a building (garage) between House 1 and House 2 to get around the line of site problem. The Garage 340 bridge I have running in root mode. From there I make my next wireless hop to House 2 where there is the 3rd Aironet 340. This Aironet I have directly connected to a desktop computer with a crossover cable. Now this setup has been working great, the desktop computer in House 2 can ping every 340 bridge, the dlink 604 and get out to the internet with no problem. Here is where the problem comes in. I didn't realize at the time but these aironet 340's can also act as Access Points. I changed the 340 in House 2 to Access Point mode (was bridge only mode) as I would like to use a wireless laptop in House 2. I setup the wireless laptop and I can connect to the Aironet 340 in House 2 without any problem. Here comes the interesting part, with that wireless laptop I can ping the Aironet in House2, the Root Aironet in the Garage and the Aironet in House 1 however that is as far as I can go. I cannot ping the Dlink 604 that is connected to the Aironet in House 1. How can this be?? The Desktop computer that is hardwired to the Aironet in House 2 can see everything fine. The only difference between the Desktop computer in House 2 and the Wireless laptop in House 2 is one is connected hardwired and one is connected wirelessly. I have ruled out the laptop itself as being the problem because if I plug in the laptop directly into the Aironet 340 in House 2 (use the same cable that the working desktop computer is using) the laptop works fine!! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

dysatguy26, Sep 7, 2007
    1. Advertising