    not create a 64bit VM because the host OS is 32bit. My question is this: Can
    you upgrade a 32bit server to 64bit?

    TIA Larry

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnkgRA==?=, May 10, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnkgRA==?=

    Jane C Guest

    No. You would have to perform a clean install as there is no direct upgrade
    path from a 32 bit to a 64 bit OS.

    Do bear in mind that both Microsoft products, Virtual Server and Virtual PC,
    have no support for any 64 bit guests.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    MVP Windows Shell/User

    Jane C, May 10, 2007

  3. You cannot create 64bit guests no matter the host OS with Virtual Server, as
    Jane C says. If you need 64bit guests try VMWare Workstation 6 (final just
    released). I believe that the host OS can be either 32bit or 64bit.

    Colin Barnhorst, May 11, 2007
  4. No 64-bit VMs in any Microsoft virtualization product at this time,
    regardless of your host OS. You can use VMWare, however, to do what you want
    and you don't need to install 64-bit Windows.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 11, 2007