32bit midi joiner?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by fitwell, Nov 1, 2003.

  1. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    Midicat freeware was recommended to me in another ng. Trouble is that
    it's commandline and, as such, fiddly. Had to copy all the potential
    MIDIs I wanted to join to the C drive. Then had to to 8.3 to avoid
    typing hassles. (Actually, if commandline had ability to support
    pastes from Windows sources, I think I wouldn't have so much trouble
    with using them. Make _one_ little mistake and you have to re-type
    even if you use the F1 or F3 keys. And watch out if the error is at
    the beginning!)

    Anyway, I dl Midicat from here if anyone else is interested and
    doesn't mind commandline stuff:
    http://www.gnmidi.com/gnfreeen.htm
    direct dl link:
    http://www.gnmidi.com/utils/midicat.zip

    But was hoping for a 32bit freeware alternative. I googled a lot and
    came up with nothing so hoping someone here knows of an app. I did try
    some simple file-joining programs but files wouldn't play (no surprise
    there, though). Stationery creation is time-consuming enough even
    with the fantastic Arachnophilia add-on without adding the hassles of
    this type of thing.

    Thanks.

    fitwell, Nov 1, 2003

  2. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    A midi editor with mixing capabilities? <was: Re: 32bit midi joiner?>

    What a difference figuring out what to ask for makes. I get more
    hits. Now the trouble has gone the opposite way. There are so many
    to look at. Does anyone know of a good midi "editor" that handles
    "mixing" midi audio files? One piece of text seemed to say that Anvil
    Studio could do something like this, and the help file, too, but just
    couldn't figure it out. Not enough detail in the instructions.

    Thanks! Appreciate it.

    fitwell, Nov 1, 2003