    what a crock this only happens uner X64 and is happening more and more
    TOO often Has anyone come across this problem before What did you do?

    Thanks
    Spock, May 25, 2007

  2. Spock

    Jane C Guest

    What addins/extensions do you have running in IE? Did this start to happen
    after installing any particular software?

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    MVP Windows Shell/User

    Jane C, May 25, 2007

  3. Spock,

    Start by providing the URLs that cause the crashing and some specifics
    on your machine.

    - Rafael

    Rafael [Windows Live Butterfly], May 26, 2007
  4. What about installing IE7?
    --
    Why microsoft?.......Why?

    =?Utf-8?B?UmhpZ2dzeQ==?=, May 28, 2007
  5. Spock

    The Moose Guest

    On May 24, 11:53 pm, "Spock" <> wrote:
    > Hello Everyone
    >
    > I find that IE6 32bit version in Windows XP Pro X64 everytime I go to
    > certain web sites like whitepages that page crashes It says thatInternetExplorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. blah blah blah
    > what a crock this only happens uner X64 and is happening more and more
    > TOO often Has anyone come across this problem before What did you do?
    >
    > Thanks

    I have the same error message using IE 6 on Windows ME.

    It closes all browser windows when I click on any button in gmail
    mailboxes and also when the page has almost finished loading at
    reunion.com. It happens every single time at these two sites.

    I also get the same error rarely, intermittenly -- haven't see a
    pattern to the other occurrences.

    What I do know is definitely causing the problem for me is Kasperskey
    Antivirus 6.

    I just had to to reinstall Windows ME (with a re-format). I did not
    get that error message until I installed Kasperskey again. I've been
    talking with their tech support. They suggested uninstalling KAV and
    installing the most recent version -- no joy.

    I was just curious what virus protection you're using and if you have
    tried totally uninstalling your virus protection to see if you get the
    same error. Even though we're not using the same operating system, it
    sounds like the problem might be related because it seems site-
    specific.

    Barb
    The Moose, May 29, 2007
  6. Spock

    Spock Guest

    I tried IE7 for 6 weeks just did not like it and had problems accessing
    certain dotgov sites

    Spock, May 31, 2007