    HP doesn't plan on any 64bit drivers for my HP 1115 printer, so I'm
    wondering if the old 32bit ones will work.

    Thx!

    Noozer, May 16, 2006

  2. 32 bit drivers will not work on x64.

    But see http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=6711
    The latest HP x64 driver is said to support PSC 1100 series printers.

    Dominic Payer, May 16, 2006

  3. No. Your only hope is to use an alternate 64-bit driver. If the printer is
    not a "host based printing" device there are generally good alternatives. Of
    course, if it's host-based, you're pretty much at the mercy of HP.

    See my blog for details on using alternative printer drivers. And the
    Overview post should also provide some value for understanding the issues.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 16, 2006
  4. Noozer

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    No, they will not.

    However, these (beta) HP drivers may work.
    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software7/COL13996/oj-39336-1/x64Drv5.64.0.17.exe

    These work with most HP USB inkjets/all-in-one units. They even work fine
    with my HP PSC 2110, even though it is also on the list of printers never to
    be supported in x64 by HP. (I didn't have to do anything funny, I just ran
    the installer and it worked.)

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, May 16, 2006
  5. Noozer

    Jane Colman Guest

    I have a Canon S200spx el cheapo printer that will never get x64 drivers
    from Canon. Got it working with the S400 drivers that came with x64 :)

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64bit enabled ;)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.

    Jane Colman, May 16, 2006
  6. Noozer

    Noozer Guest

    "Dominic Payer" <dominic@dc_payer.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > 32 bit drivers will not work on x64.
    >
    > But see http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=6711
    > The latest HP x64 driver is said to support PSC 1100 series printers.

    Photosmart 1115 isn't the same as PSC 1100 series, unfortunately.

    Drivers just spat out pages of junk text.

    Noozer, May 17, 2006
  7. X64 Edition's of Windows Requires 64 Bit Driver's, just FYI.

    Kevin John Panzke, May 19, 2006