    I know the 32 bit drivers will not work on X64 and Okidata does not have any
    64bit drivers.

    Does anyone know a work around for this?
    Louis, Jun 29, 2005

  2. Louis

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "Louis" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a Oki C5100 Color laser. Just upgraded to X64.
    > I know the 32 bit drivers will not work on X64 and Okidata does not have
    > any 64bit drivers.
    >
    > Does anyone know a work around for this?

    Dual Boot

    Bobby
    NoNoBadDog!, Jun 29, 2005

  3. Yeah, and lets hope you didn't do the trade up, because that 32 bit license
    is gone unless you buy a new one.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 29, 2005
  4. Louis

    John Barnes Guest

    At this point no one seems to have received the TAP so must be another
    source. Hope he can reinstall x86 so he can dual boot like most here.

    John Barnes, Jun 29, 2005
  5. Louis

    Alan Morris Guest

    Be sure to ping the vendors for this issue. They are getting the message
    that the x64 train is on the move and realize that this support is needed
    for the home user.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    Alan Morris, Jun 29, 2005
  6. Does your Oki do postscript? Then you have a driver. Does your Oki behave
    even vaguely like an Oki C7200? Then you have a driver that will mostly work.
    See: http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/06/18/54021.aspx

    There are VERY few printers that won't work at least in basic mode.
    --
    Charlie.
    http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 30, 2005
  7. .. . .or you could network a second machine, wouldn't have to be anything fancy. A 486 and Win95 (shudder) would probably
    suffice, and it lets you print as you write. But 'dual-booting' is a good one too.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 1, 2005
  8. Louis

    Rick Guest

    Even if you are networking, you need OS specific drivers on the computer
    you are on.

    Please explain in detail how you think your approach would work without
    an x64 print driver.

    Rick, Jul 1, 2005
  9. Ah-, I readily confess, this is not within my area of expertise. But in all honesty, the whole idea of networking is to
    make it transparant where processes and data resides - such that if you have f.ex. Word on one machine and OpenOrrifice
    on another ( or Acrobat, or whatever) you can ask anyone of those apps to print a document that sits anywhere else on
    the network, provided that app understands the file format. The mind boggles, to be frank, to imagine a document would
    have to be written on one specific machine with it's own native drivers to print anywhere else. But then, I'm learning
    every single day.

    If, on the other hand, you were refering to a situation where you ask your 64bit app to print to a networked printer, I
    do see your point - but that would be underutilizing your network, don't you think? Or, a network with a
    straight-jacket, perhaps?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 1, 2005
  10. Seems complicated and unlikely to work.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 1, 2005
  11. "Alan Morris" <> wrote in:

    > Be sure to ping the vendors for this issue. They are getting the message
    > that the x64 train is on the move and realize that this support is needed
    > for the home user.

    Some vendors have jumped on the train, others have been very reluctant to do
    so sending emails to the effect that they won't make 64 bit drivers or that
    they are going to "wait and see".

    For the latter group, it will help if people will continue to contact the
    vendors and complain.

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>
    David R. Norton MVP, Jul 2, 2005
  12. Also, there are some vendors who are releasing products with drivers that
    are not as top notch as there 32 bit counterpart.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 2, 2005
  13. Hi Louis;

    I have the C5100N. I added the printer using it's IP address and it seems to
    work fine.

    Hope this helps!

    =?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4gS2FwbGFu?=, Jul 7, 2005
  14. Louis

    Rick Guest

    But you had to use a driver to do that. What print driver did you use?

    Rick, Jul 7, 2005