    Anyone tried it?
    --
    Srinivas Pyla
    Srinivas Pyla, Dec 11, 2007

  2. Srinivas Pyla

    Bill Patten Guest

    Works fine on my Vista64 machine, except no USB support.

    Bill

    "Srinivas Pyla" <> wrote in message
    Hi,

    I want to load 32 bit xp on a 64 bit xp machine using virtual pc 2007. I
    have some application that will run only on 32 bit XP and need to run 64bit
    xp as i need to access more memory for autocad. Want to avoid dual booting.

    Is this possible?

    Will the 32 bit virtual machine behave like standard 32bit install or will
    there be any limitations?

    Anyone tried it?
    --
    Srinivas Pyla
    Bill Patten, Dec 11, 2007

  3. yes, this works fine. You will have all the usual limitations of Virtual PC,
    but otherwise it's an excellent solution to avoid dual booting. If you need
    better hardware support in your 32-bit VM, I'd suggest VMWare Workstation
    6.0 instead. It's not free, but it does have support for USB2.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 11, 2007