    does. Again - can I use that license and upgrade a new computer with that one
    copy of Vista?

    Thank you and if you want to email me direct:

    rpbrown, Mar 22, 2008

  2. rpbrown

    John Barnes Guest

    If you have an upgrade license, you can't run both the qualifying OS and
    Vista. If you have a full license, you certainly can, but a clean install,
    not upgrade is required when installing the 64-bit version.

    John Barnes, Mar 22, 2008

  3. rpbrown

    rpbrown Guest

    John- thanks for the reply. I think I need to clarify my question. I
    purchased Vista Ultimate - full addtiton when it came out. I installed it on
    a desktop. The desktop I did this on no longer has Vista on it. I replaced
    the hard drives and installed the original XP Pro for software reasons.

    So now that I have a full copy of Ultimate which has both 32 and 64 bit
    disks -I want to know if I can now use that license (that is now not used on
    any computer) and install the 64 bit version on a new computer that is clean
    -no OS or anything on the hard drives.

    So then am I keeping to the agreement to use Vista on only one machine -
    right now that full copy is in the desk resting.

    Hopefully this can clarify my question.

    rpbrown, Mar 23, 2008
  4. rpbrown

    John Barnes Guest

    Yes. You can transfer that license to another machine. You most likely
    will have to use telephone activation and may have to wait for an operator
    to activate it as the license will be shown in use. Just explain the
    situation. As long as only one copy is installed you will be fine. You are
    free to switch to and from 64-bit as long as both are not installed at the
    same time.

    John Barnes, Mar 23, 2008