32-bit Perfmon looking at 64-bit counters

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXN0b3BoZXI=?=, May 9, 2006.

  1. Hello,

    I have a very bizarre situation. We have a monitoring tool that runs on a
    32-bit machine. As per the vendor, the tool set uses Peformance Monitor to
    look at specific PerfMon objects/counters from a monitoring machine to
    configured target machines. One of the machines involved in this topology is
    a 64-bit machine. The 32-bit monitoring server cannot connect to the 64-bit
    machine via perfmon. I receive a pop-up window stating: Unable to connect to
    machine, However, I can read the registry. Here is what I have done so far:

    - Added HKLM\SYS\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurePipeServers\winreg to both
    Network Access Remote Registry keys in the Local Security Policy.
    - Added Local Service to the above registry key with read access.
    - Ensured the user account connecting to the machine follows the following
    steps from the KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300702/en-us (the
    account is a Domain Admin) This article is supposed to fix the Unable to
    Connect problem.

    Is there something else that needs to be done? Any help would be very much
    appreciated.

    Thanks in Advance.
    Chris

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXN0b3BoZXI=?=, May 9, 2006

  2. Hello Christopher,
    Can you send me an email? Remove the online from my address.
    I have something I want you to try to see if it works. If it works we can
    post it back to the newsgroup.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    <From: =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXN0b3BoZXI=?= <>