    wide for Glossy photo paper, on an epson R300? my 1rst two attempts at
    pictures turned out very, very dark, their 'Help' said it might be the platen
    setting, but it doesn't say which one to use!?

    =?Utf-8?B?am9zZXBo?=, Sep 15, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?am9zZXBo?= <> wrote in
    news:D:

    > I looked on the disc, in the owner's manual , and properties of My
    > Computer,, and Help Index; to see if I have 32-bit or 64-bit? XP
    > ```````
    > another Post here says 'look at the start up'
    > Is that that black part that zooms by so fast when you hit the start
    > button; or is there a nice little place that you can open up and see
    > if you are 32-bit or 64 - bit?
    > `````
    > My new Epson printer has July 05 drivers at their d/l site, something
    > like 5.1A, my printer has 4.1
    > It says only use for the 64-bit version.but not how to find out if you
    > have 64-bit?
    > `````
    > If somebody is also a printer expert, do Platens have to be set
    > normal or
    > wide for Glossy photo paper, on an epson R300? my 1rst two attempts at
    > pictures turned out very, very dark, their 'Help' said it might be the
    > platen setting, but it doesn't say which one to use!?

    Download CPU-Z and it will show you everything you want to know.
    http://www.cpuid.org/
    Look at the processor features. If "x64" is in the list then you have a
    64-bit cpu. Then

    Start/Run/dxdiag for Windows-specific system information will tell you
    whether you are running a 32 or 64 operating system.

    XP64 is build 3790
    XP32 is build 2600

    Nymshift Time Again, Sep 15, 2005

  3. Here is an easy way to find out if you are running Windows XP Professional
    x64 Edition, click Start > Run > type in "winver" without qoutes, take note
    of the banner if it says Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

    Check to see if your Epson printer drivers are listed here for x64:
    http://esupport.epson-europe.com/SupportHome.aspx
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 15, 2005
  4. tnx much! in the My Computer/Help/About Windows or Run winver, I can now see
    what the 'build' is and if it's 32-bit or 64-bit

    =?Utf-8?B?am9zZXBo?=, Sep 15, 2005