32 bit ODBC driver (jet for MS Access) and 64 bit IIS 6.0

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by cgian31, May 10, 2006.

  1. cgian31

    cgian31 Guest

    Quoting Pascal Deliot, whose original thread has been closed by the
    moderator (and I cannot answer there)

    <QUOTE>
    "You should check how your DSN was created.

    On an Windows 2003 SP1 x64 you can create a odbc connection on 32bit
    side of
    the system or on the 64bit side of the system.

    And a 32 bit application will only see 32bit side ODBC connection and a
    64bits application only the 64bit side ODBC connection.
    Each kind of application has is own registry.

    To setup an ODBC link for 32bit application you must use
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe and for 64bit application you must
    use
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\odbcad32.exe"
    </QUOTE>

    I have tried using odbcad32.exe but it didn't work. However this is not
    surprising for me: IIS 6.0 is running in 64 bit mode, and consequently
    the ASP connection string is looking for the DSN in the 64 part of the
    registry, and it doesn't make a difference that I have created it with
    odbcad32.exe. It simply looks for it in the 64 bit DSNs.

    Where am I wrong?
    cgian31, May 10, 2006