    claim to take advantage of Windows XP x64 actually run significantly slower
    when put to the test. Hopefully this is merely the result of developer
    inexperience.

    =?Utf-8?B?TW90aHJh?=, Jul 19, 2005

  2. Grrr... Have just listening to the webcast in which Microsoft MVP Charlie
    Russel explains that gamers will be some of the early adopters and that,
    "there are some cool games coming out... some are already out... for 64-bit
    that really take advantage of the additional processor [power] and memory
    space".

    Really? Name one that runs demonstrably faster on x64 than on standard
    Windows XP Professional.

    =?Utf-8?B?TW90aHJh?=, Jul 21, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TW90aHJh?=

    Sean M Guest

    I hate to say it, but it stinks of marketing rhetoric. Game vendors know
    they're hitting a pretty small (yet decidedly vocal) market with the x86-64
    crowd.

    -- Sean M

    Sean M, Jul 21, 2005