  1. We have multiple 32-bit Application systems running. Does the 64bit XP or
    Server 2003 supports these type of application? Were there any way in which
    we could still run the applications using the 64bit?
    =?Utf-8?B?MzItYml0IGV4ZWN1dGFibGVzIGNvbXBhdGliaWxp, Jan 17, 2006

  2. Depends, we don't have any idea of which applications you speak of so we
    cannot make an accurate judgement if they will work or not. But most 32 bit
    applications should run and work on Windows x64 just fine, some might
    require updates to run properly. Please note that certain 32-bit
    applications utilize 16-bit installers which is old sub system not supported
    by Windows x64, so thats something to look out for. But as long as the
    installer for application is 32-bit there should be no major problems.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
    Andre Da Costa, Jan 17, 2006

  3. The short answer is, probably. The vast majority of 32-bit applications run,
    and run very well, in Windows x64 Editions. Some will not install because
    they have a 16 bit installer. And some will not run because they're
    dependent on a system level driver and the company hasn't ported their
    driver yet to 64bit.

    For a good general background on x64 and some of the issue (and their
    solutions), I'd strongly suggest you start wtih the resources identified in
    my x64 overview:
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/archive/2005/11/29/77166.aspx

    --
    Charlie.