    I just bought a new computer and my 32-bit cd's won't work. Is there a
    program out there that will convert them so they are able to run on the
    64-bit computer?

    paulabelle, Feb 24, 2010

  2. paulabelle

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 24/02/2010 in message
    <> paulabelle wrote:

    >I just bought a new computer and my 32-bit cd's won't work. Is there a
    >program out there that will convert them so they are able to run on the
    >64-bit computer?

    No, the programs would need to be re-written/re-compiled.
    There is no reason why 32 bit programs shouldn't run on Windows 64 -
    unless they have 16 bit installers which some may.
    Can you be more specific about what won't run?

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    By the time you can make ends meet they move the ends

    Jeff Gaines, Feb 24, 2010

  3. Be more specific. What 32-bit cd's won't work on Windows 64-bit? Your
    statement as it makes absolutely no sense. CD's are neither 32-bit nor
    64-bit. Programs may be 16-bit, 32-bit, or 64-bit.

    So, exactly do you mean?

    Bobby Johnson, Feb 25, 2010
  4. paulabelle

    Phoenix Guest

    It shouldn't make a difference whether the OS that wrote the disks was
    32-bit or 64-bit. Were they written with another CD-writing program? Or are
    they older program disks? What error message do you get when you try to run
    them? Have you tried Compatibility Mode?

    Phoenix, Feb 27, 2010