    Has anyone had this happen before? Suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Aaron

    =?Utf-8?B?eERyaXZlbng=?=, Mar 28, 2007

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGh1cmxlcg==?=, Apr 11, 2007

  3. I encountered the same problem on my dad's Windows XP x64 installation. After
    checking the event log I noticed numerous side-by-side assembly errors. One
    specific manifest file was flagged as being in error so I opened it up in a
    text editor and -- sure enough -- there was just a bunch of random characters
    inside. I just replaced that file with one of of a working x64 setup and now
    32-bit apps launch fine.

    I still have a problem with the Network Connections service not working. The
    event log contains an error message "Network Connections is not a valid Win32
    application". I wonder if anyone else has encountered this and if they have
    found a solution. I suspect both of these problems are a result of a botched
    Windows Update installation. Anyone have any ideas?

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGh1cmxlcg==?=, Apr 11, 2007