    me. if there is anyway possible for me to down the settings to run them just
    as well as my other games but then be able to switch the settings back so i
    can still run the others to the highest quality and what not i have

    Jrdn2, Dec 5, 2007

  2. Jrdn2

    S.SubZero Guest

    It sounds more like a video problem. Starcraft only runs at I believe
    640x480. Are you using a LCD panel or something that maybe doesn't
    like this resolution?

    I have run Starcraft on 64-bit Windows with no issues.

    S.SubZero, Dec 5, 2007

  3. When this 'black box' appears, are you trying to install the game or is it
    already installed?

    This could suggest a 16bit installer - XP x64 cannot handle that!

    It is a fact that not all games are running on XP x64 - you can try
    'Compatibility Mode'.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Dec 5, 2007
  4. Jrdn2

    Jrdn2 Guest

    right now the game is installed on my computer and when i ran it for the
    first time ever on my computer it worked perfect! After that first time now
    its just started to do that. Like it runs perfectly normal just has that box
    and on the left side and flickers with black lines on the left. I'm using an
    old CRT Monitor that i am using my vid card is a Geforce 8800- 640 MB memory.
    And i'm not quite sure if there is a way i can maybe run it as a "32 program"
    on my 64 running OS

    Jrdn2, Dec 5, 2007
  5. Jrdn2

    Jrdn2 Guest

    See the thing is the first time i ran the game just after i installed it it
    worked perfectly! After that when i started it up is when it started to do
    that. It was installed and i had no problems with that.

    Jrdn2, Dec 5, 2007
  6. I would try and run those games in compatibility mode, designated as XP or
    W98 programs. Also, try updating your video drivers - or, you might even try
    older drivers as therre's a lot of new technology that isn't always working
    perfectly with the most modern cards.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Dec 5, 2007
  7. Jrdn2

    Jrdn2 Guest

    "Jrdn2" wrote:

    > right now the game is installed on my computer and when i ran it for the
    > first time ever on my computer it worked perfect! After that first time now
    > its just started to do that. Like it runs perfectly normal just has that box
    > and on the left side and flickers with black lines on the left. I'm using an
    > old CRT Monitor that i am using my vid card is a Geforce 8800- 640 MB memory.
    > And i'm not quite sure if there is a way i can maybe run it as a "32 program"
    > on my 64 running OS
    >
    > "S.SubZero" wrote:
    >
    > > It sounds more like a video problem. Starcraft only runs at I believe
    > > 640x480. Are you using a LCD panel or something that maybe doesn't
    > > like this resolution?
    > >
    > > I have run Starcraft on 64-bit Windows with no issues.

    So then how do i fix this problem of mine? just change the resolution on my
    computer in the properties?

    Jrdn2, Dec 10, 2007