    Sorry for my Englisch.

    Greetings from Germany,

    Oliver

    Oliver Schröder, May 11, 2006

  2. Hello Oliver,
    Local or remote printer?
    Have you tried different printer drivers, inlcuding one of the generic
    printers?
    Parallel port or USB printer?

    Try installing a generic text printer. Identify the port as "file" rather
    than something like parallel or USB.
    See if makes any difference.

    I am not aware of a reason why this should fail.
    Does the application try to address the printer hardware or driver directly?
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "Oliver Schröder" <oliver.schroeder@_NOSPAM_mcs-ag.com>
    <Subject: 32-Bit app does not like 64-Bit Printers
    <Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 13:39:19 +0200
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <Hi,
    <
    <we use an application (32-Bit, Visual Basic) wich does not start under Win
    <XP Pro 64Bit nor under Win Server 2003 64Bit when a default printer is
    <specified. The process is there in Task Manager but nothing happens.
    Without
    <installed printers it starts and works perfect.
    <
    <Under 32-Bit Windows there are no such problems.
    <
    <Can anybody help?
    <
    <Sorry for my Englisch.
    <
    <Greetings from Germany,
    <
    <Oliver
    <
    <
    <
    <

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], May 12, 2006

  3. Hi Darrell,

    thank's for your answer.

    It does not make any difference. I have used only generic drivers, many
    different types, even the Microsoft Fax printer and Generic/Text. I tried
    USB, LPT, FILE, ... always the same.

    I think that the application is looking for installed printers at startup
    and does not get the information it wants to - or something like that. I
    think I have to try to contact the developers.

    Best regards,

    Oliver

    ""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" <> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:...