32 bit/64bit

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?c2Vtbw==?=, Nov 7, 2005.

  1. I have Win XP Pro......how would I be able to tell whether I have a 32bit or
    64 bit????

    =?Utf-8?B?c2Vtbw==?=, Nov 7, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c2Vtbw==?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "semo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have Win XP Pro......how would I be able to tell whether I have a 32bit
    >or
    > 64 bit????

    Do you have a 64 Bit processor?

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Nov 7, 2005

  3. The initial Windows splash screen says if it is x64. If it just says
    Windows XP then you have 32-bit.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 7, 2005
  4. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 7, 2005
  5. I think he is referring to the OS.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 8, 2005
  6. semo wrote:
    > I have Win XP Pro......how would I be able to tell whether I have a 32bit or
    > 64 bit????

    If you have to ask, you're almost certainly running the 32-bit
    version of WinXP Pro. I'm not trying to be facetious; I'm sure you'd
    have noticed paying several thousand dollars more for the Itanium or
    Itanium II CPU required to run the 64-bit version of WinXP Pro, or
    whether or not you purchased a computer with an AMD64 CPU. There is, of
    course, no 64-bit version of WinXP Home.

    Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Overview
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/overview.asp

    To verify for yourself, Click Start > Run, type in "Winver" and
    press <Enter>. If the resulting dialog box does not _explicitly_ state
    that you have "Windows XP 64-Bit Edition" or "Windows XP Professional
    x64 Edition," then you have a 32-bit OS.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm