    I have a new server which is 64 bit. It is 2008 window server. Now I have
    one program that is 32 bit is there any way I can run this program from that
    server. Thanks to all

    Tom, Aug 19, 2010

  2. Tom

    John Holmes Guest

    Tom "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I have a new server which is 64 bit. It is 2008 window server. Now I
    > have one program that is 32 bit is there any way I can run this
    > program from that server. Thanks to all

    If you have to ask this stupid question, you're not worth running a server.
    I bet you don't even know what a server is supposed to do.

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Aug 19, 2010

  3. Tom

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "Tom" <> wrote in message
    >I have a new server which is 64 bit. It is 2008 window server. Now I have
    >one program that is 32 bit is there any way I can run this program from
    >that server. Thanks to all

    Like Philo said, most 32 bit applications will run without problem. This
    includes their associated install programs.

    If it doesn't run then it might just be a missing OCX or DLL (although if
    there was an install program with it then that is less likely to be a
    problem).

    Have you tried it? If so does it generate an error and if so what?
    --
    Brian Cryer
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

    Brian Cryer, Aug 20, 2010
  4. "Tom" <> wrote in message
    >I have a new server which is 64 bit. It is 2008 window server. Now I have
    >one program that is 32 bit is there any way I can run this program from
    >that server. Thanks to all

    Im on 64 bit. most 32 bit progs will run. some can't/won't/don't!
    but the ones that do, some can crash. or just misbehave. or be lacking some
    functionality or integrating into the windows shell as it should. it can
    take down my whole system sometimes.
    they crash more often than what they used to when i was on 32 bit.
    i dont know if i would trust a 32 bit app to run on a 64bit *server* in that
    case but thats up to you.

    Zu Arsschlaark!, Aug 21, 2010
  5. Tom <> via

    > I have a new server which is 64 bit. It is 2008 window server.
    > Now I have one program that is 32 bit is there any way I can
    > run this program from that server. Thanks to all

    Depends on the "program"...

    You could just try it. If it's going to give you headaches,
    it's likely to start skwhoaking during the install. If'n
    it don't, then watch it close for the first few runs...

    How do you even know it's a 32-bit program? Does the author
    even publish a specific 64-bit version? What if you run the
    32-bit program on a 64-bit server and target a 32-bit or a
    16-bit workstation with backwards-compatibility software that
    hasn't been installed properly? Could that crash your network
    and give your kids incurable cancer? It's supposedly all over
    circa December 21st 2012, so after that passes, if we're all
    still here, or some of us have the CB radios up and running,
    let us know how it all worked out because we might can use
    some of your family to repopulate the Earth before the illegal
    Mexicans own it all. That would suck, wouldn't it? Then,
    instead of English being at #2 on the keypads, it might be
    at #9... or even later.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and this transmission
    was generated using a near-zero carbon footprint!

    http://www.theyost.com/images/viral/zero_carbon.gif

    Attention all wimmins, find out if your husband is ghaa-hay :

    http://christwire.org/2010/08/is-my-husband-gay/

    Bucky Breeder, Aug 21, 2010
  6. Tom

    Rick Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > I have a new server which is 64 bit. It is 2008 window server. Now I have
    > one program that is 32 bit is there any way I can run this program from that
    > server. Thanks to all

    You have to install it in and as "system32" because
    that way the OS knows to treat it as a 32 bit code.

    Rick, Aug 21, 2010