3124_vista_x64_logo_1.1.13.0 & SiI3726 Firmware won't install

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Denise, Jul 1, 2008.

  1. Denise

    Denise Guest

    I'm having a lot of problems installing Vista x64 software/firmware. Vista
    x64 installed with no problems.

    I need to install 3124_vista_x64_logo_1.1.13.0 and SiI3726 Firmware and
    Firmware Update Utility for the NORCO-4618 Controller Card.

    I'm able to install only about 1/4 of the programs that I use. Does anyone
    have an idea why I can't install Vista x64 programs:

    This is a list of my pc components:

    - ASUS A8V-VM SE Socket 939 Micro ATX Motherboard - UDMA133, SATA (RAID)
    .. . . . VIA K8M890 + VT8237A
    .. . . . 2000/1600 HT/s
    .. . . . Dual-channel DDR400, Max 2GB
    .. . . . VIA Integrated Gfx in North Bridge K8M890
    .. . . . 1 x PCI-E X16, 1 X PCI-E X 1, 2X PCI
    .. . . . 2 *ATA133 ,2 x SATA
    .. . . . 10/100 LAN
    .. . . . 6-Channel audio
    - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATA 3.0 Gb/s 320Gb hard drive (RAID array not
    set up)
    - AMD Athlon Gforce 8400 64 X2 4200+ Toledo 2.2GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket
    939 Processor
    - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler
    - Corsair 620W PSU
    - Ballistix 2x1G RAM, 184-pin DIMM, 128MX64 DDR PC3200, Unbuffered
    - NORCO-4618 PCI-X / PCI eSATA / SATA II / SATA I Controller Card RAID
    0/1/5/10/JBOD

    --
    Denise
    Denise, Jul 1, 2008

  2. Based on what you have posted so far, you need to purchase
    new hardware to support Vista or go back to XP. Those are
    your 2 choices.

    If the manufacturer/vendor of the hardware doesn't have
    drivers to support Vista there is absolutely nothing you can
    do about it.

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 2, 2008

  3. Denise

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Hi,

    I'm not sure just how much help I can be. So, If you don't mind,a couple of
    questions first. Has Vista 64 been installed and successfully run on this
    computer before?

    Is the NORCO controller for SATA II-RAID (5-connectors) and is it PCI or
    PCI-Express?

    DO you have the DVD that usually comes with the motherboard?
    --

    Tom
    MSMVP 1998-2007

    Tom Ferguson, Jul 2, 2008
  4. Denise

    andy Guest

    On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 15:29:00 -0700, Denise
    <> wrote:

    >I'm having a lot of problems installing Vista x64 software/firmware. Vista
    >x64 installed with no problems.
    >
    >I need to install 3124_vista_x64_logo_1.1.13.0 and SiI3726 Firmware and
    >Firmware Update Utility for the NORCO-4618 Controller Card.

    The NORCO-4618 uses the Silicon Image SiI3124-2 chip
    (http://www.siliconimage.com/support/supportsearchresults.aspx?pid=27&cid=15&ctid=2&osid=0&),
    not the SiI3726.

    andy, Jul 2, 2008
  5. Denise

    Denise Guest

    Vista x64 wasn't previously installed on my pc. I started out with XP Pro
    x64 but wanted to switch to Vista x64 because it appears that Microsoft has
    left XP Pro x64 behind and is running with Vista x64.

    The Norco controller card is for SATA II. I don't have a RAID Array set up.
    I connect my SATA II ext hdds to it. I don't have my motherboard's manual
    with me and I can't remember the name of the port right now but it's
    connected to the "long" port. It always worked very well with XP Pro x64
    after I installed the software and firmware for it.

    I have the motherboard's installation disk but Vista x64 wouldn't install
    it. I tried it to auto run and manually.
    --
    Denise

    Denise, Jul 2, 2008
  6. Denise

    Denise Guest

    According to the manufacturer of a SATA hub that I purchased, I need both.
    3124 is for the controller card and 3726 is for the hub. The hub wouldn't
    turn on so I returned it to the manufacturer for a replacement so I can't say
    how a working replacement will work with 3726 installed.
    --
    Denise

    ~ If you don''t know where you came from, you won''t know where you''re going.

    Denise, Jul 2, 2008
  7. Denise

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    OK. So Vista 64 is now installed and running _except_ you cannot use your
    external SATA drives (the Norco controller is not working). And you cannot
    get some of your software to install.

    Is that the situation?

    Thanks in advance.
    --

    Tom
    MSMVP 1998-2007

    Tom Ferguson, Jul 3, 2008
  8. Denise

    Denise Guest

    Since I couldn't get programs to run because I received a message that said
    that they were "missing a file," and because Vista x64 wouldn't install my
    motherboard's software, and because I couldn't get Vista x64 to install
    Silicon Image files that I needed for my controller card and SATA hub, I
    decided to format back to XP Pro x64. My computer components aren't
    compatible with Vista x64.
    --
    Denise

    Denise, Jul 4, 2008
  9. Denise

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Understandable. Perhaps dual booting would be an option for you. It would
    allow you to try out Vista 64 bit as you locate compatible software for your
    needs.

    For whatever its worth to you:
    There does appear to be support files for the Norco controller for Vista 64
    on the www site of the Silicon Image chip maker.
    http://www.sci-worx.com/support/supportsearchresults.aspx?pid=27&cid=3&ctid=2&osid=10&
    Note that the URL ends with an &. That might have to be typed into the
    browser if you use copy/paste.

    I believe the Asus MoBo is Vista 64 compatible. However, you would have to
    download a bunch of files and make them available to supply the needed
    drivers after you install Vista. I would burn them to a CD. Makes it easier
    to keep them for any needed later use as well.
    http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

    All the best.
    --

    Tom
    MSMVP 1998-2007

    Tom Ferguson, Jul 4, 2008
  10. Denise

    Denise Guest

    I downloaded the Vista x64 drivers and firmware but it wouldn't install them.
    I think that, because my motherboard software wouldn't install, nothing
    would've worked right. I could've gone around the net, picking up files here
    and there to replace those on my motherboard disk, but it wouldn't have been
    worth it.
    --
    Denise

    Denise, Jul 4, 2008
  11. Denise

    Denise Guest

    I've been reading some articles on the internet about installing XP Pro x64
    after having Vista x64 installed. It took me 4 attempts to format my pc back
    to XP Pro x64. I've downloaded new 3124 and 3726 files for the controller
    card and the SATA hub several time but, each time, there is no .exe file to
    install them.

    Does anyone have an idea about something I can do so that these files will
    install again? I had no problems installing them when I initially had XP Pro
    x64 installed. It was only after I formatted to Vista x64 and back to XP Pro
    x64 when this problem arose.
    --
    Denise

    Denise, Jul 5, 2008
  12. "Denise" <> wrote in message
    > I've been reading some articles on the internet about installing XP Pro
    > x64
    > after having Vista x64 installed. It took me 4 attempts to format my pc
    > back
    > to XP Pro x64. I've downloaded new 3124 and 3726 files for the controller
    > card and the SATA hub several time but, each time, there is no .exe file
    > install them.
    >
    > Does anyone have an idea about something I can do so that these files will
    > install again? I had no problems installing them when I initially had XP
    > Pro
    > x64 installed. It was only after I formatted to Vista x64 and back to XP
    > Pro
    > x64 when this problem arose.
    > --
    > Denise
    >

    > "Denise" wrote:
    >
    >> According to the manufacturer of a SATA hub that I purchased, I need
    >> both.
    >> 3124 is for the controller card and 3726 is for the hub. The hub
    >> wouldn't
    >> turn on so I returned it to the manufacturer for a replacement so I can't
    >> say
    >> how a working replacement will work with 3726 installed.
    >> --
    >> Denise
    >>
    >> ~ If you don''t know where you came from, you won''t know where you''re
    >> going.
    >>

    >> "andy" wrote:

    >> > The NORCO-4618 uses the Silicon Image SiI3124-2 chip
    >> > (http://www.siliconimage.com/support/supportsearchresults.aspx?pid=27&cid=15&ctid=2&osid=0&),
    >> > not the SiI3726.

    The standard recommendation is to delete the partition and create a new one
    and not just reformat. Another possible issue (I can't tell if it applies
    to your situation) is that if a SATA optical drive is in play, to set it in
    the BIOS to IDE mode.
    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 5, 2008
  13. Denise

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 05/07/2008 in message
    <> Denise wrote:

    >I've been reading some articles on the internet about installing XP Pro x64
    >after having Vista x64 installed. It took me 4 attempts to format my pc
    >back
    >to XP Pro x64. I've downloaded new 3124 and 3726 files for the controller
    >card and the SATA hub several time but, each time, there is no .exe file to
    >install them.
    >
    >Does anyone have an idea about something I can do so that these files will
    >install again? I had no problems installing them when I initially had XP
    >Pro
    >x64 installed. It was only after I formatted to Vista x64 and back to XP
    >Pro
    >x64 when this problem arose.

    What type of files are they, e.g. zip, inf etc?

    If you end up with an inf file you need to "steer" Windows to it:

    Control Panel -> System -> Hardware Tab ->Device Manager button, select
    the device from the list, double click it, Driver Tab -> Update Drive
    Button, don't connect to the Internet -> Next, Install From Specific
    Location -> Next, browse to the inf file.

    There really ought to be a more straightforward way, theoretically you can
    right click on an inf file and select 'Install' from the menu but it's
    never worked for me.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
    There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.
    Jeff Gaines, Jul 5, 2008
  14. Denise

    Denise Guest

    Surprisingly, te device isn't on the list in Device Manager but it is on the
    list of Hardware. When I tried to install the controller card from Hardware,
    it said that I don't have the drivers installed for it. I've installed:

    1. 3124 x86 13200_logo driver
    2. 3132 x86 bios 7223
    3. SATA Controller Card 3124 x64 1.1.130 logo
    4. SiI3114 64-bit Windows SATARAID5 Driver
    5. SiI 3124 x64 15110 logo driver

    Before I formatted to Vista x64, I installed:

    1. SATA Controller Card 3124 x64 1.1.130 logo
    2. SiI 3124 64-bit Windows SATARAID5 Driver

    and it worked.

    It shouldn't need anything else to work. I don't know what else I can do.

    After the drivers were installed, I opened some of the folders and the
    device that the files need to open are VLC Media Player which, of course, is
    completely wrong.

    Any ideas?

    --
    Denise

    Denise, Jul 6, 2008
  15. Denise

    Denise Guest

    I was getting tired of trying different drivers in different combinations but
    I went into Device Manager one more time to see what was going on, but
    nothing changed. But I decided to make Windows happy and give it a shot at
    finding a driver for my Maxtor One Touch II ext hhd's, they're firewired.
    They don't come with drivers, only Retropect, which is a back-up program.
    Well, it started to download files and I figured it would good to finally get
    rid of those yellow question marks for those hdds. Then all of a sudden, SCSI
    and RAID controllers was there in Device Manager and my 4 SATA ext hdds are
    recognized in My Computer!?!! I'm not even going to question it.
    --
    Denise

    Denise, Jul 6, 2008
  16. Denise