30x zoom!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by swangdb@auburn.edu, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. Guest

    , Jul 7, 2003

  2. SleeperMan Guest

    <> wrote:
    > I happened to find this camera (Kowa TD-1) on dynamism.com:
    >
    > http://www.dynamism.com/td1/
    > http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1047935077.html
    >
    > Very interesting. I wonder if I could bring a tripod in to football
    > games...

    From i understand, it's plain 3x zoom camera with additional fixed 10x
    magnification, so you get 10x - 30 x zoom. Theoretically you can do this
    with every camera, which has option for fixing additional lenses.

    SleeperMan, Jul 7, 2003

  3. jlp Guest

    Routinely done by the "digiscoping " community. I've successfully coupled my
    CP5000 to my
    spotting scope with a sophisticated,hi-tech adapter available for about
    $1.59 at your local
    hardware store. see http://home.teleport.com/~salmo/avian/ for a picture. It
    has it's limitations,
    effective aperture is small, shutter speeds are slow. The possibility of
    capturing anything with
    ANY motion is small. It doesn't appear Kowa has done anything to address
    the basic
    shortcomings (stabilization, large apertures etc.) But it does work for
    limited applications.
    --

    Jeff

    Kamchatka
    http://home.teleport.com/~salmo/K2000/
    NFS

    jlp, Jul 8, 2003
  4. Guest

    In rec.photo.digital Unclaimed Mysteries <> wrote:

    > Of course, if you're talking about Auburn games there won't be much
    > cheering this year anyway as the Tigers are doomed from beginning to
    > end. Wailing and gnashing of teeth will be the order of the day. Each
    > game will be preceeded by a Hitchcockian overflight of hundreds of
    > diseased birds, with an erratic and disoriented "Spirit" leading them
    > smack into the scoreboards, where their bodies will rain down upon the
    > end zone seats. The hideous climax will occur late in the year when
    > Lousiana-Monroe hangs a 60 on us in Cliff Hare Stadium.

    Sigh. It's probably be even worse than that, but I'm going anyway!

    --
    David Swanger
    Office of Information Technology

    , Jul 8, 2003